Seyour Duncan Fuzz Mod.

• Members

I have a seymour duncan tweak fuzz that sounds great, but the unity gain is at almost 4 o clock at the "volume" knob. I saw this same pedal being sold on ebay with a "mod" that cures this problems. What did he do to get more volume out of this pedal? Heres the link where he mentions the mod http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280691401770&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

• Members

After a bit of googling I found this.

Alright I got the output mod. The Tweak Fuzz uses surface mounted components, but each component is flanked by through-holes. So you can mount any through hole part in place of the surface mount. For this mod, if you're a precision solderer, you can actually use the surface mount resistor to do the mod, and literally purchase nothing.

Step-by-step:

First, open the unit and remove the nuts on the jacks so the main board comes out. Flip it over. This output mod involves R4 and R5 only. Remove R4 and throw it away. Next remove R5 and if you can save it, AND if you are good enough at soldering SMT's, use it as R4. It's an 8.2k, 1/8 watt resistor. You can also go to Radio Shack or wherever, and buy a through hole resistor and mount it in the through holes already set up for you around R4. Then jump R5 with a piece of wire. Done.

Simple explanation:

Replace R4 with R5 (or new 8.2k) and short R5.

Then turn the volume DOWN! The pedal will be much louder. Have fun.

Archived