A fender's reverb is really the best reverb in the world

ArrMatey

• Members

personally too springy for me, i like the smooth decay of a Plate reverb. there are some amps that have a very very smooth spring reverb sound though. never had any experience with outboard piggybacked reverb units... are they any different from the onboard units packed into Twins and Vibroverbs?

• Members

Nice clip! How does this compare to PR - noticed you've owned both?

I sold the PR RI, I found it too trebly and a bit too harsh for my ears. The 10" speaker in it is harsh and probably need some modding. I probably should have spent more time with it but I saw this at a deal I couldn't pass.

I def prefer the general sound of this amp. The trem is soo much better: fuller and with a good range, the reverb sounds like what I've been looking for and the range is really good.

Slightly drippy but not too much like in the Hot Rod Deluxe. The speakers are slight darker than most fenders I've owned but all the ones I've had were really harsh so maybe that's right. I know people speak of the speaker inefficiency because past a certain level, it starts overdriving. I guess I'll find out sooner or later!

All in all, it's the best of everything for me. Let's see how it fares in the long run.

• Members

I love the stock verb on my blues junior. I don't have high standards for verb, but it's such a bright classic spring sound.

the blues junior is the only new fender amp I love. If they made them with a higher wattage, they'd be perfect!

Archived