Tom Sawyer Filter Sweep > MS2000b Patch Offer

ClavAnother

• Members

Good morning interweb,

Last night I programmed the Tom Sawyer Filter Sweep into my MS2000b, I also did the Minimoog lead sound and made a patch using the Split function so you can play both parts at the same time.

I figure that there are many people who desire this sort of thing, so I thought I would offer the patch to MS2000 owners who dig RUSH.

I will try to upload a .wav of it after the weekend.

The only trick is...I don't know if it is possible to upload the file for a single patch; I figure that you can probably do a SYSEX Dump of the patches, but I don't know if you can do just one patch. If you can, then I would be willing to make it available.

caveat lector I am pretty busy lately, and I don't have a MIDI interface on my Mac, but if there is any interest in this at all, I will find a way to make it available, but I would hope that you would be patient.

I suppose it is theoretically possible to do a text only listing of the patch, but obviously that would be a PITA.

Please feel free to let me know what you all think.

P.S. I guess if no one cares, I'll just go post it to teh Bass Forums :poke:

• Members

I've tried doing this and always ran into a problem where the sweep sounds like it has some delay to it, but the two parts share effects both on my ms2000r and my sh201.

Hmmm..what do you mean by 'but the two parts share effects'?

I had a hell of a time getting it to sound right, but in the end I finally got it to work. I feel like it will certainly do the job, but I may still go back and fine tune it a bit.

• Members

a) i found it:
holy {censored} if i had this program back then i'd probably have made a lot more patches.

b) i've heard this patch over the phone and i must say HaveAnother did a pretty good job with it. we still need to have the First Annual STG Soundlabs MS2K Programming Summit though.

A) thanks, I grabbed that stuff and Will check it out soon.

B) I seem to recall an alcohol induced conversation betwixt myself and SonicSquire where we decided to hold the F.A.S.T.G.S.M.P.S. during the week of Xmas->NewYears.

• Members

Hmmm..what do you mean by 'but the two parts share effects'?

I had a hell of a time getting it to sound right, but in the end I finally got it to work. I feel like it will certainly do the job, but I may still go back and fine tune it a bit.

With your two sounds in a split, if you add delay, it goes on both the left and right parts. The sweep and the lead. They can't have seperate delay settings.

• Members

With your two sounds in a split, if you add delay, it goes on both the left and right parts. The sweep and the lead. They can't have seperate delay settings.

Are you sure about that? I admit that I do not know this synth as well as I should (I have had it for 10 months, and this is the first thing I have programmed into it.) Everything else seems to follow the Timbre 1 / 2 designation.

Also FWIW, I set up both patches without delay.

Archived