SM Pro V-Machine shipping

girevik

Guest Anonymous

I'm confused now.

On their website, and KVR, they say it has 512 MB RAM. In that sonicstate video, the guy says it has 2 GB RAM. So which is it?

If it's 512 MB, it's a flop. Unless it's user installable.

I emailed SM about this. We need answers !!!

:cop:

• Members

I doubt there is any AU support since it only plays Windows VST's and VSTi's....

One of their marketing points, is it allows Mac users to play Windows pluging....

Cheers,

Dave

Pluggo or Max 5 will also let Mac users play VST plugins, no extra hardware required, as I understand it.

The Mac-using peeps I know of who are interested tend to be guitar players who want to run their Pluggo/Max patches in a self-contained box like the V-Machine.

• Members

Maybe they have realized that they could not keep the price down without removing some RAM?

In any case, I like the idea or portability, but I think a Mac Mini would provide much more power for a similar price point. But of course, with even a miniature screen it would be less portable.

Maybe an Eee (especially when the dual core Atom is available) would be another option for power on the go, for about half price and full compatibility from the start and with battery operations also.

It all depends how good the compatibility is with existing plug-ins and how efficient is it.

Guest Anonymous

Got a response from SM Audio.

Question.

Hi, Your website says the V-Machine has 512mb of ram but, the video on Sonicstate states the ram is 2g. Is this user up-gradeable?

Thanx, Burster

Answer.

hi burster,

well it has 512 mb ram and you can upgrade to 1 gig. the 2 gig was the internal storage. but it is actually 1 gb ide flash drive. but it is upgradable, too.

best regards

Peter Schlossnagel

Marketing Director Europe

tt audio GmbH

Alfred-Krupp-Str. 5

48291 Telgte

Germany

Tel: +49 (0)2504 88 88 78-0

Fax: +49 (0)2504 88 88 78-7

marketing@ttaudio.net

www.ttaudio.net

Vertretungsberechtigter Gesch

• Members

Got a response from SM Audio.

Question.

Hi, Your website says the V-Machine has 512mb of ram but, the video on Sonicstate states the ram is 2g. Is this user up-gradeable?

Thanx, Burster

Answer.

hi burster,

well it has 512 mb ram and you can upgrade to 1 gig. the 2 gig was the internal storage. but it is actually 1 gb ide flash drive. but it is upgradable, too.

no mention of how many gb the ide can actually support?? Hmm.. I've got a 40 WD portable anyway. I'm really GASing for this thing + Novation X-Station.

• Members

Oh my. This is beginning to sound not so well. WHY only 1 gig, in today's times?
:facepalm:
Why?

Well, to sell the V-Pedal which has 1.5G available and costs twice as much (form factor is much nicer).... :)

My guess is the chipset they chose for this, to keep the costs down, was limited to 1G.

For embedded devices, 1G was a decent amount.

Same reason that somebody like Akai chose to limit their current models to 128M and 192M....

Archived