EQD HOOF Fuzz VS BlackoutEffectors MUSKET VS EHX Tone Wicker...which one?

Johansolo

• Members

If it doesn't have to be a green russian style muff, you might wanna try a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. Prefer it over my old '70s BMP in every way, and it's way more tweekable, and also more quiet. Not sure it'll give you black keys type of tones though. The BAT Pharaoh might kick all sorts of ass for all I know, but based on the clips/reviews I hear/read, it definatelly lacks in gain departement compared to the Swollen Pickle. Which doesn't even sound THAT saturated and over the top either compared to my old BMP with the gain knob dimed...

Edit: Not that I have the money right now, but the clips of the LSTR sound {censored}ing stellar impo. So far, it seems like the bees knees when it comes to versatile new booteek fuzz peds if you ask me.

the pharaoh lacks a bit of gain compared to the swollen pickle butnot enough to take away from the awesomeness that is the pharaoh.

• Members

If it doesn't have to be a green russian style muff, you might wanna try a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. Prefer it over my old '70s BMP in every way, and it's way more tweekable, and also more quiet. Not sure it'll give you black keys type of tones though. The BAT Pharaoh might kick all sorts of ass for all I know, but based on the clips/reviews I hear/read, it definatelly lacks in gain departement compared to the Swollen Pickle. Which doesn't even sound THAT saturated and over the top either compared to my old BMP with the gain knob dimed...

Edit: Not that I have the money right now, but the clips of the LSTR sound {censored}ing stellar impo. So far, it seems like the bees knees when it comes to versatile new booteek fuzz peds if you ask me.

i felt the same about the pharaoh demos. everyone has been raving about them, but i was pretty unimpressed with the demos that i saw. they really made it seem like it was lacking in gain. or at least, they were all focused on lower to mid gain sounds and failed to demo the higher gain ones. after trying it in person, i now see what everyone has been raving about. it's true that the gain tops out at a lower level than the a lot of other fuzzes, but there's more than the demos suggest. i play a tuned down kind of music that's pretty focused on the heavy, and the pharaoh excelled at it. it's a shame there aren't more demos showcasing it's abilities in that department.

i have a LSTR and it does indeed sound awesome. a lot more gain than the pharaoh and generally more muffish sounding, though it certainly has it's own thing going on. the two compliment each other really well. anyone who can afford it should really buy them as a pair for an awesome fuzz twosome package.

and, for what it's worth, the musket got closest to the green muff sounds out of any of these. including the hoof and the c'bread manx that i had for a minute. it wasn't my favorite, but it does that sound really well and can be tweaked around it pretty successfully.

• Members

Not part of your list, but check out the Basic Audio Tri/Ram, have owned the Hoof (3 and 4 knob) Musket (v1 and v2) and Tone Wicker. I can say that my favorite is the Tri/Ram, followed by the 3 knob Hoof.

What did you like better about the 3 knob Hoof compared to the four knob version? I have a 3 knob version myself, but have contemplated upgrading. Is it not worth it?

• Members

so i spent the majority of last night listening to a bunch of youtube demos...and

the more i listened to the clips of hoof/musket/pharoah/LSTR etc...the more they just started to blur into one another and just i kinda couldnt pick a clear winner.

the SUF stuff however... ive think ive narrowed it down to the Violet rams head and the Civil War.

• Members

so i spent the majority of last night listening to a bunch of youtube demos...and

the more i listened to the clips of hoof/musket/pharoah/LSTR etc...the more they just started to blur into one another and just i kinda couldnt pick a clear winner.

the SUF stuff however... ive think ive narrowed it down to the Violet rams head and the Civil War.

VIOLET RAMS HEAD!!! yes

• Members

trigger has been pulled.

one of these popped up on ebay Aus, (and is also in Aus)

SUFvioletrams.jpg

SUFVioletback.jpg

got it as a good price including express postage...so now comes the impatient wait

EDIT - is this an earlier one? the one on the SUF site enclosure is purple.

• Members

trigger has been pulled.

one of these popped up on ebay Aus, (and is also in Aus)

SUFvioletrams.jpg
SUFVioletback.jpg

got it as a good price including express postage...so now comes the impatient wait

EDIT - is this an earlier one? the one on the SUF site enclosure is purple.

That's limited edition, bro.

BTW, I did the VRH demo that sounds awesome on Youtube. :lol:

• Members

I'll sell you my Very Special Twosome if you're interested

LTD_2.jpg

got a V2 Fix'd on my board and want a musket for my collection too - but it is more a "love / hate" thing with the Fix'd a.t.m. the Musket is more a "nice to have" but i stick to Triangle or Russian Green Muffs and my main fuzz is a Skreddy Zero... anyway, this very special twosome would be nice. but i am not sure if i would play it :idk: the Blackout stuff was one time hyped and the Musket for br00tz lover like me the ultimate weapon - today gas is gone :idk:

• Members

That's limited edition, bro.

BTW, I did the VRH demo that sounds awesome on Youtube.
:lol:

yes you sure did. did you not get my pm telling you that it was awesome (im pretty sure it sent , had issues with work computers thou) but i added you on youtube as well and liked etc.

and yeah your VRH demo will sound even more awesome, once i put my demo up.

• Members

yes you sure did. did you not get my pm telling you that it was awesome (im pretty sure it sent , had issues with work computers thou) but i added you on youtube as well and liked etc.

and yeah your VRH demo will sound even more awesome, once i put my demo up.

Thanks, man!!! I can't say enough good things about SUF pedals. They really are special.

Archived