Does anyone here have a Wattson FY2? I have a volume question...

NITEFLY182

• Members

I received a new Wattson FY2 yesterday and its a cool sounding pedal. I bought it partially because their description says they added a boost stage so I was expecting quite a bit of extra volume on tap. This doesn't seem to be the case though and the output volume at max is still a little lower than my clean volume. I've got the boost switch on inside BTW. Does anyone else have one of these? Do you notice that the volume is still a little below unity with the boost on?

• Members

i built the GGG clone of the FY2 with a boost circuit and it is crazy loud... not sure about the wattson but i would assume the circuits are similar and should have plenty of volume

Hmmm... thats just a simple one-transistor boost on the end of that GGG circuit right?

• Members

The gain stage in the FY-2 is designed to deliver the same peak-to-peak voltage as the input signal. The reference is a 500hz sine wave. The filtering can change the perceived volume, but the voltage should be the same. Without the boost stage the output voltage is about 1/4 the input voltage.

If you want to double the voltage coming out of the booster stage then change R11 from 1K to 470 ohms. As long as you don't do it with a propane torch and a pair of bolt cutters then it won't void the warranty. :thu:

Archived