Best Multi Effect, with looper under 300 used?? Digitech PR500 vs. RP300 vs. All?

namesean

• Members

Hey Gentleman (and ladies), I am looking for some advice. I need help badly. (So do my guitar skills, ha)

Best Multi Effects with a Looper for under 300???

I was looking at the Digitech RP 500 vs. RP 355. A distant 3rd choice was the Line6 M9 & M13.

HOW DIGITAL is the Digitech :) Is that just one of those things, where people mention it before, so you kinda "think" its digital, but they got better over the years?

The looper is what I need mostly, (and skills) but all 4 have loopers. So it comes down to secondary features. I love the USB and Audio in on the digitech, as well as the Drum beats. Every good sandwich needs alittle cheese!!!!!!

My question really is...

"What tones are the most natural" and is there a tone difference (or chip?) in the Digitech RP500 vs. the RP355. Anyone remember playing both? Also, any other suggestions on Muti Effect units, with a looper and that are super natural sounding/???

I emailed digitech and they sent me a link to the manual. HAAA.

I am looking to spend like 300-400.

Thanks guys

• Members

Zoom G3. It's the *ONLY* multifx with a looper *AND* drum beats, other than the out of production GNX4 (and 3).

The songs (in my sig)... Baldwin Park, Some Bird, Outta Town, and Orange Chimera are all done with the G3 recorded direct into a handheld recorder and the G3 drum machine.

The song Sneaky was done with the ME-25 38 sec looper and ext drum machine. Trippy and Simple were done with the RP1000's 20 sec looper.

Also it has 40 sec vs 20 sec in the RP. 20 sec is a bit short. And the G3 is the only looper AKAIK that has a visual progress indicator so you know how much recording time you have, and on playback where you are in the loop.

• Members

I got mine for $225. But really the RP is not the best choice if you are focused on looping. The HD500 has over double the looper time. The 20 sec in the RP is barely adequate.

Thanks - that is some good usable knowledge. I appreciate all responses, but the ones that back it up with details, are great.

The guys above mentioned the Line 6 (m9 or 13) So, I assume that looper is adequate. I dont just want a Jam man, or a boss. I want 1 thing to carry or have. :)

So yeah...I really want the looper and some sort of drums, or play along,.... all with the most natural sound of the bunch.

My first instinct was the line 6, but that M13 is BIG. It would take up my whole room, ha. And I guess I can get a drum machine or whatever a drum machine is.

hmmm

Archived