OT: Program I can use w/ my Shuffle that isn't iTunes

decode6

• Members

Here's the deal: I won a Shuffle at a Xmas party last night, which is great because I need something to listen to while at the gym. I have a ZuneHD 64GB for all my music and some video so I have the software for that. Is there some alternative to iTunes? I don't know how it'll interfere with Zune or WinAmp or Spotify. I just don't want to have multiples of one song for all these different programs, ya dig?

• Members

There used to be when Apple was all "We love open source" back when they were lifting all the free open source software out there under the GNU banner to get OSX up to speed. But once they had the time on their hands to reconfigure these said softwares to be somewhat original they put out a smoke screen and slowly veered from their free minded and open source ways and in doing so they started turn-keying new ipod os releases. I used to have a really cool program that opened up my old ipod letting you do exactly what you're looking to do and a bunch of other things but when I upgraded the os in it one day all that stopped and I could not revert to the old os, Apple wouldn't let me do it. Unless something has changed that I don't know about (someone will chime in I'm sure) you'll have to stick with iTunes.

• Members
yep, you install itunes on your computer and the rest of your music will likely get converted if you aren't careful.

I think it used to be like that? I remember a friend installed it and it automatically sync'd his ipod and computer. In the process it deleted all his mp3's on his computer. Boy was he pissed! :lol:

Someone over at Apple must have got tired of the irate phone calls because it's not like that anymore.

• Members

decode, there is a way. If they still do it like this??? There's a folder on the ipod where it stores mp3's. You used to may still be able to copy from that folder to your computer but you would have to rename them to what the song title is. They would name them in code like 3448Z97888I2, something like that. It's a super pain in the ass I would just give in to the monster.

• Members

Here's the deal: I won a Shuffle at a Xmas party last night, which is great because I need something to listen to while at the gym. I have a
ZuneHD 64GB
for all my music and some video so I have the software for that. Is there some alternative to iTunes? I don't know how it'll interfere with Zune or WinAmp or Spotify. I just don't want to have multiples of one song for all these different programs, ya dig?

This is what immediately came into my head.

Archived