anyone wanna help me out? plz?

|\|\|\

• Members

let's get this out of the way: DUBSTEP.

yes, i realize it's the most polarizing genre ever, and a lot of you hate it. i get it.

so i am a dj, blah blah blah, myself and my partner entered in a dubstep dj contest in portland. really, i want the cash prize they're offering.

10 mixes out of however many get entered get chosen to compete at some event. and we need plays and all that stuff. really, you probably don't even have to listen, unless you want to. just leave it running in the background.

what do ya say?!

http://soundcloud.com/thelandauboyz/landau-boyz-all-heavy-no-sleep

• Members

i guess it should be mentioned that i absolutely do not believe in a solitary mix being the pinnacle of a dj's abilities. a lot of guys will ableton-ize an entire mix and make it absolutely perfect. we recorded this thing 100% live with no optimization or goofy ableton things. yeah, there are a couple errors, such as the sample spillover from the second track into the third and a couple hard-edged filter sweeps, but whatever. it's part of playing.

• Members

i guess it should be mentioned that i absolutely do not believe in a solitary mix being the pinnacle of a dj's abilities. a lot of guys will ableton-ize an entire mix and make it absolutely perfect. we recorded this thing 100% live with no optimization or goofy ableton things. yeah, there are a couple errors, such as the sample spillover from the second track into the third and a couple hard-edged filter sweeps, but whatever. it's part of playing.

You should state that on your soundcloud then... that's awesome you did it live.. not that I like it.. but at least you did it live!

• Members

Before everyone starts ogling my aaaaamaaaaaazibg technical prowess, I don't mean doing it all with a bunch of keyboards and stuff, it's just mean its a live mix, live beat matching, live effects usage. I didn't just dump it all in ableton and layer it over the top of each other.

Lefort, there aren't many. When I play exclusive dubstep sets, it's either at private events and crown room on 4th and Davis.

• Members

DJ secret
:cool:
in the world of real vinyl - fast hands, good notes, stickers and markers and many many hours to practice the showsetup.

in the end it works without headphones and you know every track blind etc.

No no no....no secrets!

If youre using vinyl I'm assuming that means you're using Serato. So are you using the record to control the main drum loops then triggering all the different bass and glitch sounds? Or did you make a basic track and then you're triggering different samples and glitches on top of that?

I just don't understand how the majority (or all) of that isn't pre recorded and arranged. Mind {censored}.

Just listened to the whole track. Craaaaaazy.

What's really funny is for how ADD that music is, that was a long ass song. :lol:

• Members

No no no....no secrets!

If youre using vinyl I'm assuming that means you're using Serato. So are you using the record to control the main drum loops then triggering all the different bass and glitch sounds? Or did you make a basic track and then you're triggering different samples and glitches on top of that?

I just don't understand how the majority (or all) of that isn't pre recorded and arranged. Mind {censored}.

What's really funny is for how ADD that music is, that was a long ass song.
:lol:

dunno, i am a real turntablist with a view thousand records... i dont work as a DJ any longer, but i didt the good old way... no fiinal scratch serato etc.... just quick moves and a good timing.

oh and when i talk about "secret" i talked about the show setups... i saw so much great DJs live and did also a few contests...

blah sorry Matt i am drunk and i guess you are more in the troll mode? yes no? gimme a sign and we can talk ;P

EDIT ah gotcha Matt - sorry my fault... yeah a bit crazy today but also still a art with a own big community...

• Members
No no no....no secrets!

What's really funny is for how ADD that music is, that was a long ass song.
:lol:

Matt, sorry i am really confused. i guess i dont understand your question correct in the first moment. ...it is far away from soung editing/creating... you can play track by track in a disco - or you can do a complete mix without breaks. i think that is one of the main goals beside effects, showmixing, skratching, beatcuts etc. So yes, you can work on one track... maybe the beats from that with/over the acapella from this

checkout some youtube DMC championships... thats the real DJing imo. Sure thats more show mixing and the most time hip hop and oldshool electro beats....

Archived