Subdecay Echobox

t-rey

• Members

Since this is hcfx and my board has been pretty much the same for more than a year, I have a compulsive need to switch some things around to find that extra 5% of whatever mojo/tone/consumerism that I am looking for.

I still love the Ghost Disaster, but would like something a bit clearer sometimes. I know that goodhonk really likes the Echobox, but didn't know if anyone else wanted to chime in about them. How does it compare to the Disaster Transport? From clips its seems pretty clear but still has an analog sounding decay to it - plus it has really good sounding modulation and trails, which is always nice.

• Members

I've got an Echobox on my board. Great pedal. I think you got the right idea. It's nice and warm sounding but clearer then most of the analog or "analog voiced" digital delays I've used. Less soupy then my Disaster Transport but still nice and warm sounding. I think the description on their website describes it pretty accurately. Does that help? Any other specific questions?

• Members

That definitely helps, thanks. A little less soupy is exactly what I'm looking for. After having the Disaster Transport for quite some time I realized that I wanted something a bit cleaner and I can make it more soupy/washy/whatnot with some reverb and/or modulation. I'll probably still stick with the Ghost Echo for reverb because it's so good.

Archived