Some pedal, multi-effects and amp help ...

Dubravac

• Members

Hey guys, i've ordered a new Nova System and should be getting it in a few days. Had some questions/concerns to ask prior to getting it ...

My setup (potential setup with the Nova) is the following ...

Fender Deluxe Strat -> Nova System (drive input) -> Loopmaster ABY pedal (tuner out - Polytune) -> Savage ROHR 15 amp ....

My amp is a two channel amp (not switchable with a typical channel switching pedal, but switchable through the use of an ABY pedal) .... this way i can use one channel for clean and the other for some dirt ... channel A would be used for my clean sounds and for the drive/distortion on the Nova. Channel B would be strictly distortion from the amp ... but i would still use the nova for things like pitch shifting (but would definitely not use the drive section of the nova while on channel B).

I have it setup this way so i can have various types of distortion/overdrive ...

I also plan on getting a few overdrive pedals, a volume pedal and a wah. Where would they ideally go in this setup ?

My big question ... does this setup look fine for use ? Any potential problems ? (hum, buzz) ?? All my cables are Lava Blue Demons and Magma's.

Thanks for your input and help fellas!

• Members

Your set-up should be fine. Wah goes in the beginning of the chain before the Nova. Volume pedal can go before or after the Nova depending what you use it for. If you want the volume pedal to interact with the nova you put it before, if you want it to control overall volume after the Nova you put it after.

• Members

Looking for a volume pedal for my rig, and i believe i would like to purchase an EB VP JR. (not sure if i want/need a 25k or a 250k) ...

Can this pedal be used as an expression pedal with the Nova ? and ...

If i just want to use it as a volume pedal for my entire rig, are there any potential problems using it in front of my Nova ?

Thx.

Archived