Teese RMC3 fl wah question? Orion wah inductors?

Jerzey

• Members

Hello phreinds. I was wondering if anybody would know how to mod my RMC3 wah to get more headroom? Could it be done? Also has anyone had any experience with Orion inductors? Particularly the Galactic inductor and the CX-1 inductor. I was thinking about switching the Fasel in my RMC3 and trying one of the Orion's. Any input would be appreciated. I use humbuckers and prefer my wah sound to be thick and fat with a good sweep and vocal-ness. Thanks

• Members

I'm not clear on what you mean by more headroom.

Are you having input impedance issues? Are do you just like like the tone?

Unless he's made a new version, I've never seen a RMC3 with a Fasel inductor.

The originals used a Teese-made clone of the old stack-of-dimes inductor, then he went to his Halo inductor clone, and the newer karmaflux is something he switched to to lower issues with interference. I don't know much about it.

But if you can't dial in the tone you want with an RMC3, then you are probably better off replacing the whole unit with something less vintage vox-like.

• Members

I do like the tone but it is distorting a little and it drives me nuts. I want more cleanness. As far as the inductor I don't know whats in it now? It is about 1 year old and is the RMC3FL version. I heard someone put a Orion Galactic inductor in one of these and it was a great improvement and less sterile. I do love the tone but it is a little sterile and the little bit of dirt I am getting is annoying.

Archived