NPD x2...what was I thinking??

samzadgan

• Members

So after a long search for overdrive pedals that i can use over a clean amp...i ended up buying the perfect pedal...TWICE!

so the first time i went to the guitar shop, a great one called Ivor Maraints in London...not in Denmark st...but close by...and without the attitude!...anyway, where was i?...oh yes. The first time i went in, i tried out the MXR GT OD, 78 Badass, the Distortion+...none of them did what i wanted...then they guy got me to try out the Fat Sandwich...the thing Blew me away!...so 10minutes later, money paid!

I got home, and actually the Fat Sandwich wasn't what i wanted...it was something else...something i didn't know i needed until i used the Fat Sandwich, now i'm addicted to that pedal, so much so that i'm almost finished putting together a song that was purely inspired by the tone that the pedal!

So I went back to the shop...this time i was really intent on getting what i wanted; an overdrive pedal...tried out another 5 pedals...and lo and behold...there it was...the MXR Distortion III...got damn its a nice pedal. Enough gain to be a solid OD on clean channel, but so smooth and natural sounding too...

so now i have 2 great pedals...I am one happy chappy!

Archived