Another dirt thread: OCD or CB30?

Snufkino

• Members

Looking for something to add some heavy dirt to my Velocette amp at low volumes, and my Hotcake, as nice as it is, just isn't doing it. Also need something to augement the amp's simple tone control set up, which is a just a "tone" knob, which goes from too muddy to too trebly. So I'm after a pedal would give me way more fine control over bass and treble, even when it's set clean, and then still offer noticable tone control when cranked.

So either the Fulltone OCD, or C'bread CB30 would fit the bill, right?

• Members

I think the OCD just has a low pass filter, meaning it just cuts the highs. Catalinbread CB30 doesn't have a ton of gain and it's voiced like a vox so unless you want your amp to sound like a Vox and just tweak it from there that's not what you're looking for.

I'd check out a Timmy.

• Members

The Velocette I'm using is apparently 'vox-like'. Uses ECC83 & EL84. There's no drive channel. Just volume and tone (and a bright switch) so I'm looking for something that's an extension of the amp's controls I guess, which is what's drawn me to the CB30.

• Members

I think the OCD just has a low pass filter, meaning it just cuts the highs. Catalinbread CB30 doesn't have a ton of gain and it's voiced like a vox so unless you want your amp to sound like a Vox and just tweak it from there that's not what you're looking for.

I'd check out a Timmy.

Agreed. It excels as an EQ in my opinion.

Archived