NPD: AMT Wah (w/ Video Demo)

• Members

After about a month and a half, I got my wah yesterday.

Tried it out at practice and I love it. Sounds great.

I had been using the Ernie Ball wah, which is awesome with dirt tones, but clean it takes away your high end sparkle. The AMT sounds great with dirt, but retains your glassy cleans sou it sounds great for funk and reggae too.

The thing really is tiny. It's shorter than your basic small Hammond/MXR sized enclosure, and juuuuuuust a hair wider. It's almost too small, but the grippy side is very grippy and it has a good solid feel, and you don't have to mash the hell out of it to engage/disengage it so fast click-ons/offs are possible and accurate. LEDs on both sides are just a must for me. In my band I use it so sparingly and our songs are so fast that without them, by the time I'd notice I didn't click it, the little lick would be ruined. So, points for the LEDs!

My only complaint is that in all three settings, there is a point mid-sweep, say between 40 and 55% where like 70% of the tone change takes place, so you gotta have some finesse, but it's not ridiculous or impossible. You can kinda tell in the video.

So, here we go:

[video=youtube;6CQF9lpSEiI]

Guitar is my white Charvel. Amp is a Drive G65 solid state thing with a 12" Fender speaker. Dirt pedal is my Dirty Bomb clone. Recorder is a Zoom Q3. The playing is mediocre.

• Members

Killer! Thanks for the demo.

Seems like a nifty little wah. If I didn't already have a FX-17, I'd be all over this.

Hey no prob. Yeah, it is a very cool pedal. They've made little wahs before, but I think this one has the right idea. Not perfect, but an absolute steal at 120.

• Members

Yeah I never seen one till now, those LED's are pretty cool. I guess I'm in the mindset of having 1 pedal doing 2 functions since I wouldnt use wah and volume that often and for that 2 in 1 pedal to take less space is a plus. So morley is the one, Ive just been reading a lot of people messing with LED's to get a good sweep...bah

• Members

I had the wah only version of the Morley and didn't like it. It didn't have a typical wah sound in the higher range and I tried switching LEDs but finally put it back to stock and got rid of it.

thomann.de got my AMT wah to me in 11 days and it rules. I'm on the waiting list for their Little Loudmouth volume pedal now.

• Members

Yeah, you can listen to wah clips all you want, but until you have it, it's hard to tell.

I loved the Ernie Ball with distortion, but clean it was kinda lame. This AMT is growing on me more and more. The range is really wide, but the brightest spots aren't too nasty, and the tracking is great. I've played cry babies that just... track weird. I dunno. Like it's having trouble hanging onto the note.

:idk:

Either way, I dig it a lot. Great sound, and not "for the size." :)

Archived