Zoom G-Series Lounge

ck3

• Members

How significantly do the tubes seem to affect tone in the G9? The tube boost in the G5 is located after the preamp, so practical use is limited without tweaking of internal trimpots and/or running the unit into an amplifier.

the way i understand it, the accelerator tube is pre-effects and the energizer tube is post. the tubes will honk, so spending a little time with their levels is needed. that said, accel section has solid state and tube input gain controls, so you can mix the tube sound with the clean solid state sound. the energizer section has tube gain and boost controls. the boost increases mids (2k-from manual) and lows. i ended up with accel controls @ 11:00 (tube) & 12:00 (solid state), energizer tube @ 12:00 & boost @ 2:00 for a "classic rock" sound, but lots of other sounds can be had if tube gains aren't cranked. amp models and distortion/fuzzes have mucho gain (the "z-stack" drive i use is set at gain of 10 out of 100)...

• Members

It can handle both, but not at the same time.

Btw, I found a Zoom Forum, which would better serve Zoom multi-fx users than this place, but it was all but dead.

I wish HC would make multi-fx discussions a part of the Rack Forum instead of this zoo. (they're more similar anyways)

There's always the "high-tech guitar" section of HC, though it seems fairly dead as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived