MicroKorg XL confession: I think I want one

soundxplorer

• Members
xstation
:lol:
Wonder how the va in that is.

A friend of mine has an X-Station 25. Nice cheap VA. Sounds different from my R3... Smoother? Still, sounds 100% digital. Small and portable. Nice keybed, but I hate the joystick. Never tried the controller functions. Can it do SysEx like the Remotes can?

If you can try the Novation V-Station VSTi, the X-Station sound pretty much identical.

- CM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I try not to use marketing speak ... I think "liquid" is being a little generous ...

Yeah, the waves are good for some of the keyboard sounds, which make it a lot more useful ...

It seems like the Remote SL compact uses the same keybed ...

It would seem just as well, though, to maybe seek out another used X-Station 25 ... saw one for $250 once ... (though the ad specified the unit had developed an anus a la Cronenberg ... )

• Members

yes ...

Could you imagine a Cronenberg synth movie ... ???

Not just analog ... actually organic and electro chemical ...

Sort of like a Videodrome but for sound and synthesis ... (he'd love all the inputs and outputs ... !!!)

Of course, the "enemy" or antagonist in the film would be something digital I guess ...

• Members
The X-Station can use SysEx on everything. Think of it as a ReMOTE + K-Station Synth + 2 channel USB audio interface minus a vocoder.

You can download and run the X-Station software editor to see what can be assigned to the controls, even without the hardware.

Sweet, thanks! :) I need a controller for my Microwave 1, X-Station is now on top of my short-list.

- CM

• Members

The MicroKorg XL has no editor software available yet. It's several months away.

The MicroKorg XL is not patch compatible with the MicroKorg.

Wrong and almost wrong again.

Go to: http://www.korg.co.uk/products/pro_keyboard/microkorgxl/pk_microkorgxl.asp

There you will find already today the editor which also allows import of Microkorg and Ms2k patches.

• Members

What attracts me to the XL is having 3 octaves and still being less than 58 cm wide (allows me to put it on a shelf in a 60 cm cabinet). If Korg only would have added a Triton engine (from the MicroX) and streaming over USB I could have put most of my synths in storage.

• Members

I have no doubt that the MK XL will sound great too, for what it is, which is a significantly feature cut down version of the R3, that's only $50 less.

You posted this like 50 times in this thread already... I think you've made your point by now, you would rather have an R3. Just get over it :poke:

• Members

Yea, well, I'm joining in for a mock, too.. If you want a Radias, why do you defend the R3 so bravely? Almost seems as if you'd want to keep people from buying the MK, because it would be useless crap - only, you deny that this is the cause behind your sacred mission. What's on?

Calm down! You gettin on me nerves, sweetheart.

Archived