Chris Shiflett Telecaster Deluxe

warioblast

• Members

Chris is an amazing guitar player, but I doubt I'd ever buy any signature series guitar. That, plus it doesn't look anything like his main axe, or at least the one I'm used to seeing (different pickguard and maple neck, anyway).

I guess Pat doesn't have a Fender sig because he doesn't play Fenders :p Big Hagstrom guy.

If I wanted a Deluxe with standard HB's I'd probably go the route Chris did and build myself a partscaster.

• Members

Chris is an amazing guitar player, but I doubt I'd ever buy any signature series guitar. That, plus it doesn't look anything like his main axe, or at least the one I'm used to seeing (different pickguard and maple neck, anyway).

I guess Pat doesn't have a Fender sig because he doesn't play Fenders
:p
Big Hagstrom guy.

If I wanted a Deluxe with standard HB's I'd probably go the route Chris did and build myself a partscaster.

I never figured I'd buy a signature series guitar until I ended up with a used J Mascis Jazzmaster (MIJ, Fender). I'd probably go the same route with Shiflett's signature Tele, if I find a used one for sale down the road at a good price I'll jump on it.

• Members

I never figured I'd buy a signature series guitar until I ended up with a used J Mascis Jazzmaster (MIJ, Fender). I'd probably go the same route with Shiflett's signature Tele, if I find a used one for sale down the road at a good price I'll jump on it.

Oh yeah, there are exceptions for sure :)

That Grace Potter V for instance. So sexy. I think it would just feel weird playing a guitar someone else made famous, unless it's a pretty standard design (ala just a standard guitar with standard cosmetics, but maybe a special color). Building your own parts guitars is a lot of fun though, and you get to make the guitar to your exact specs. I've only got one partscaster, but all this Tele Deluxe talk is making me want another.

• Members

I guess Pat doesn't have a Fender sig because he doesn't play Fenders
:p
Big Hagstrom guy.

An amazing guitar player? By whose standards?

Archived