About all these Zoom products...

Lanefair

• Members

Let me get this straight. Am I right in thinking that since the Zoom G2 Nu, the actual onboard effects of their products hasn't changed?

So why buy a G3, G5, Multistomp etc etc, if you could just get a G2Nu with a fairly good footprint and leave it at that?

p.s. whats the deal with that Bluetooth one they're bringing out?

• Members

Perhaps you should download the manuals and verify that. I think the FX are upgraded and different. Also the stompbox paradigm is different. IIRC you can't even have a distortion pedal and an amp model on the older Zooms.

• Members

The G2 uses the ZFX-3 processor (96khz, 24 bit). The G3 uses the ZFX-IV processor.

G3/G3X utilizes the all-new ZFX-IV DSP effects processor. This generation of ZFX boasts amazing power, upgrading everything from sound to function and operability over previous versions. By using 32-bit floating-point processing, G3/G3X possesses amplifier sounds that are more realistic than ever before.

• Members

The G2 uses the ZFX-3 processor (96khz, 24 bit). The G3 uses the ZFX-IV processor.

G3/G3X utilizes the all-new ZFX-IV DSP effects processor. This generation of ZFX boasts amazing power, upgrading everything from sound to function and operability over previous versions. By using 32-bit floating-point processing, G3/G3X possesses amplifier sounds that are more realistic than ever before.

• Members

The G3/5 also have more, and different, effects/amps sims.

You can change the order of effects, which the G2Nu can't.

And their Looper is MUCH more functional than the G2Nu's.

Then there's the G2Nu's Tuner. It's VERY fidgety, almost to

the point of being useless. (may have fixed this by now)

I bought a G2Nu b/c it was less than $100, but I REALLY

wish I'd spent a little extra and gotten a G3 instead.

Archived