• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by OnWingsOfLead

View Post

Nah, they bulldozed it and put a Walgreens on that spotcry.gif

I miss that little dump

That's disappointing. I saw an amazing COC secret show there a few years ago. I grew up about a mile from The Brewery and ended up seeing The Locust, Converge, Mastodon, Kylesa, and a bunch of other bands in high school.

• Members

Exactly! So many great bands came through there. I spent a lot of time there, but the last year or so it was open there were few great shows and lots of terrible scenie weenie bree bree bands. It got to the point that even when there were good shows no one would want to come out. The guy that owned the place sold it without telling his staff until about 3 days before it was to be demolished. They had one last show and then the next day it was a dirt pile.

• Members

Exactly! So many great bands came through there. I spent a lot of time there, but the last year or so it was open there were few great shows and lots of terrible scenie weenie bree bree bands. It got to the point that even when there were good shows no one would want to come out. The guy that owned the place sold it without telling his staff until about 3 days before it was to be demolished. They had one last show and then the next day it was a dirt pile.

Yeah the new guy bought it in.. what 2005 or 6? The guy that ran it before was awesome, our drummer dropped my silvertone and destroyed one of the 6L6's and the owner gave me a matched set of Ruby's he had lying around.

• Members

Yeah I played there a few times (with sugar glyder usually, I believe).

• Members

Who did you play with Spoonie?

We usually played with sugar glyder up in that neck of the woods (and possibly by morning? not sure if that was around there or ashville). We always played with a bunch of other bands on the bill, but I don't remember their names.

Archived