$500 for a cd?

• Members

So, I saw other lives last night. Great show, go see them. Anyway. I go look up all their albums, I see they used to be called kunek, and their cd is for sale on amazon for $500!!!

Seriously what the {censored} is this {censored}? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B000H8SF9S/ref=aw_d_ol

I mean, I saw that at a tiny club, with a sparse crowd, they worked their merch table themselves... They aren't big time... Anyone else see prices like this for cds??

• Members

the overhead is really high, and insurance costs are rising. those guys buy themselves excellent coverage and pay themselves a livable salary.

would you rather buy a cheap cd made by a bunch of chinese people? with chinese music on it rather than american music? puh-lease. thats gross. wouldnt that make you feel bad?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin

View Post

how was the show? I love those dirty hippes

Show was excellent. Really really good. 5 people making music. one kid plays trumpet, guitar, violin, keys, and the glockenspiel. Played the glock with his violin bow for the song dust bowl.... neat trick, sounded dope...just like the album. The lead singer is a tiny man who looks about 16 years old face to face. The glockenspiel seemed homemade, it had a damper footswitch. Small pedal board, ehx cathedral, walrus voyager, boss distortion, tu2.just a tele shared amongst them.

Oh, and they covered nirvana's something in the way...

Archived