We had a pretty crazy/scary show last night.

Loobs

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1

View Post

.....uh, plz no.

It depends on the current you are passing, as well as voltage.

I've seen 12 volts (and less) blow a finger off. It can happen. just get a good conductor across 20 amps and bang!

Just get a good wall-circuit checker...they're dirt cheap (under $10).

And check at the point you plug in (strips, post-power-conditioner, etc) not just at the wall.

If someone with an undiagnosed cardiac-conduction-condition does that hand-to-hand check, they can die.

- the current path is thru the chest and they are fooked.

- believe it or not, hand-to-lip is 'safer', for reasons of (a) conduction path and (b) even uncontrollable muscular contractions can't effectively "deathgrip" a mic, if those are LIP muscles.

Still not good.

It just hurts lips more because there aremore neurons per cubic measure in a lip than in a hand.

Actually, the lip-path still sucks becuz the esophagus passes extremely close to the heart (the first AED took ADVANTAGE of that fact when delivering the defib pulse).

And the lower japanese voltage would do little to save someone. srsly.

If the conduction path has relatively low, your still risking fatal events.

I defer to your superior knowledge, and am glad that my post inspired you to give that good info. Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by lefort_1

View Post

sorry, it's a pet pieve...kinda close to my heart, in a way.

plz no offense was intended ....I drop into asshole-mode when I type this stuff and don't realize that internet bullying is the same, no matter how well intended.

I stfu now

No sweat whatsoever. Good info.

Archived