Buying synths in Norway?

KJI

• Members

Hi,

I'm headed to Norway for 2 months on a research trip, and I figure I'll have some time on hand for music.

I intend to bring my SonicCell with me (along with a MacBook), and would like a simple MIDI controller to go with it.

I could buy myself a controller here in Korea and take it with me, but then again maybe the prices in Norway aren't too bad (at least compared to here, where prices are 1.5 ~ 2 times the prices in US :facepalm: )

So, anyone know how things are in Norway? I'll be staying in a youth hostel in Oslo for the first week of my trip, and I guess there's more chance of finding something there.

• Members

-Norwegian prices are high for nearly everything relative to the USA. I have no synth-specific information but check pricing before you go to avoid disappointment. One of the many pluses of a Norway stay, however- a person can get decent food at Oslo 7-11 stores for less than restaurant rates, a healthy contrast to the generally grim grub of American mini-marts.

• Members

-Norwegian prices are high for nearly everything relative to the USA. I have no synth-specific information but check pricing before you go to avoid disappointment. One of the many pluses of a Norway stay, however- a person can get decent food at Oslo 7-11 stores for less than restaurant rates, a healthy contrast to the generally grim grub of American mini-marts.

Ah, 7/11's! I'll be sure to check them out. :thu: I have a feeling I'll be hanging around there a lot, actually... :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, Norway is VERY expensive in general...

a little "appetizer" :

Korg M3 61= $ 3393.83...OUCH !!!

Ouch is right... maybe there's a second hand shop where I can pickup a cheap controller? Then again, I should focus on the work at hand, NOT on spending money on yet another piece of gear :poke:

• Members

Why not try a holiday in Sweeden this year?

Unfortunately, it's NOT a holiday but a work trip where I SHOULD be spending most of my time learning a new atmospheric dispersion model :poke:

But hey, thanks for the invitation. Maybe I can spend a weekend over in Sweden. Are there some cheap MIDI second-hand controllers there? :wave:

Archived