Boss/Roland Collections

RUExp?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm a 'boss' treckie too ...I have; 1. BR1600CD studio 2. Micro BR mini studio 3. Roland GR20 synthesizer 4. Roland cube street...don't really need pedals since the br1600 has the GR6 incorporated (cosm effects).

Question about the Cube Street.

Does it use one speaker for the mic input and one for the guitar or does it run both speakers together?

• Members

Both together if your using only one input, but seperate amps (2 1/2 watts each) allow one speaker for each amp e.g. for a mike or another guitar or keyboard. They can both be used along with an mp3 player at once. Its really like having a PA system albeit portable. Great idea from roland (boss). It works very well and is plenty loud enough for small outdoor gatherings or indoor anything (practice amp- studio amp etc...).

• Members
I've bought, sold, and traded a fair amount of Boss equipment the past couple of years. A GL-100 and PS-3 are my only remaining Boss units.

Hey! I have a GL-100 too :wave:

I also have a DS-1 (modded), a DS-2, a DD-6, and a RC-2.

I'm in the market for a chorus and a tr-2, probably. Now to dive into the mess of figuring out which of the 20 boss choruses is best for budget buyers like myself.

• Members

Roland AP-2 Phaser

FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz

OD-2 Turbo Overdrive

DS-1 Distortion

BF-3 Flanger

CS-3 Comp

FT-2 Dynamic Filter

All are MIJ except the Hyper which is MIK. They don't get much use these days but I like to have them around. I have had the Turbo Overdrive forever. This older model just uses transistors...no chips.

• Members

Use:

CS-3 (I Want to MOD)
DS-1 MOD
PS-5
CE-5
TR-2 MOD
DD-2
GE-7 (I Want to MOD)
Pedalboard BCB-6 (Want to replace for another Pedalboard)

I have it but don't use in this Moment:

MT-2
PSM-5
NG-1

I have in the past:

CE-3
CH-1
BF-2
PH-2
OC-2

Want to Buy:
DD-20

• Members
How do you find your pedals sound going into the JC amp? I have a Boss MD-2 and when I plugged it into the clean channel of my Roland Cube 30, not the same thing as a JC I know, it sounded awful. When I plugged the same pedal into my Cornford is sounds useable!

What's the HM-2 like? I see that Shawn Lane used one of those. Have you any clips for it or videos maybe?

I've found the best way to run pedals with the JC-120 is to plug into the low gain with the amps distortion turned on but all the way down. This gives a warmer base tone that works great with the pedals. The Blackface model on the Cube 30 would be the way to go I think.

Also, you can listen to a clip of the HM-2 at www.tonefrenzy.com
Here's a video demo:

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Few people realise that the ME-5 incorporates the classic BOSS pedal internals that are now vintage in their own right including the: CS-2, DS-1, OD-2, RV-3, EQ-1, CE-1, DD-2, BF-2 all together with a switchable Noise Suppressor that calms the proceedings. I have an all up-to-ate set of BOUTIQUE Patches in mine that gives me classic sounds such as:

Univibe, Vibratone, (and other Leslie effects), Rangemaster, Fuzz-Face, Tweed and driven Deluxe Reverb emulations, classic JTM45, Rockabilly, Bluesbreaker, 'Rectified' and 'Twang' - all classic tones in various states - and not modeled!!

You can get a set too and upload either via sysex/midi and your PC or manual input. See link where to hear/get them.

http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com

pedals.jpg

Archived