60's a go-go: cool vintage guitars of the day.

GuyaGuy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1962 Futurama II Deluxe

Kent-1-1a-1.jpg

"During 1963, after Selmer had stopped selling the Kent under its Futurama brand, this series was no longer engaged on the UK market. Right at the same time Vox was looking for a foreign manufacturing source to upgrade its selling program in the guitar field. The company ultimately signed an agreement with Eko of Italy in 1964 but we know that the year before a small batch of Welson guitars (two to three dozens) were tested on the British market with a Vox logo. Any possibility that some similar experiment was tried with instruments from Hagstrom cannot therefore be fully ruled out."

dan_vox2.jpg

1963/64 Kent

jack7.jpg

13c_02.jpg

Kent-orange-1.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

those pickguards are some really cheezy faux wood.

:freak:

Yeah, but look at them. It would be beyond the limitations of man to try to play one of those and not sound like an intergalactic chancellor of funk.

• Members

Originally posted by veil

Yeah, but look at them. It would be beyond the limitations of man to try to play one of those and
not
sound like an intergalactic chancellor of funk.

:D

i just prefer the slightly more conservative original:

phan12.gif

12 string with a Bigsby!

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

The problem with those is that they are very neck heavy, keep wanting to fall that way. Basses are even worse.

o really?

i've never played an original.

i've heard they're comfortable to play seated, surprisingly.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

BIGGEST BUMP EVER!

Hi, sorry to dig back old stuff (thank you Search Function!), but this thread got me really interested, because of all those cool guitars, but also because I have a chance to put my hands on a Teisco Silvertone at a local pawnshop.

Now the question: should I pull the trigger on this baby?

Archived