Rocktorn Pro-Q

bktele989

• Members

Question for all you rack dudes....

This is the reply i got of a craigslist add:

"I have 3 rack mount units; although they're not preamps, I thought you might have an interest in - please let me know.

ART SGE Mach II multieffects unit - bought new in the mid nineties - cheap

Alesis midiverb 4 - good reverb, chorus, delay - cheaper

Rocktron Pro-Q - this is actually a very cool unit - it's a midi switchable parametric EQ - kinda like a programmable BBE sonic maximizer.

If you're putting together a rack of preamps, you might want to check out the Pro-Q - it really helps to shape & refine the tone.

I'm not using any of these any more - let me know if you'd like to pick them up cheap.

Jon"

Im interested in picking the midiverb up for cheap, and also the Rocktron, but i cant seem to find a good price point to offer. I want to low ball, but not to the point of offending and spoiling the deal. what do you guys say its worth as a package deal for the midiverb and pro-q?

• Members

I have not searched on Eb*y for the going price on a Pro-Q, but back in '97 I got one used in perfect shape for $300.

I can tell you the unit kills - and if you get it, I can give you some quick patches to use (I've been trying to find others to swap settings with). The dual channel HUSH programmability is fu**in' GOLDEN!

• Members

The ProQ is fantastic. I've had one in the rack since the '90's. I "true bypass" it when not in use, but it's extremely transparent with all the controlls set flat. I've seen them beat up for less than $100, and around $300. Any offer between there should not be insulting.

• Members

The ProQ is fantastic. I've had one in the rack since the '90's. I "true bypass" it when not in use, but it's extremely transparent with all the controlls set flat. I've seen them beat up for less than $100, and around $300. Any offer between there should not be insulting.

+1 million

Thanks!! I will offer 200 for both.:thu:

• 4 years later...
  • Members

INFO for this thread:

Update:     I just purchased a Pro Q, in great shape.  April 2013.    That makes this thing....how many years old?   Mine works perfect.     I paid $100 for it, and cant believe such a great piece of gear that BLOWS away a MXR 10 band( that sells for 150) or MANY of the other NONE midi changeable Eqs being made today.

It is  a programmable parametric eq that works great and keeps you from getting " ear fatigue" from being locked in to just your amps usual tones.   Even if your amp sounds incredible, it can get boring.   So with the ProQ, I just tweak the tone, wake up my ears, and keep going!     WAY more quick access tones than a NON midi EQ could ever provide and this unit is slient and very transparent! 

I use a Mesa Mini 25 head, a TC G Major 2, and the PRO Q----- I switch it all with a GLAB GSC switcher.

I run into a 4x12 NMarshall cab at low volumes. 

Put it in the effects loop of a good tube amp or head, and have fun!   

Archived