What's your backup strategy for your computer?

ambient

• Members

What I would love is a program that backs up the changes made to certain drives/folders but can also be rolled back to previous versions. buy also deletes more the further back on time it is, so as not to take up too much space.

Anyone know of any such software?

• Members

My work backup is complicated by the fac tthat we are a medical-services-provider and therefore we are subject to the Will and Whim of HIPAA which sez I must be in control of backups on both a logical AND physical sense.... so I guess this means that offsite backups must be to my personal residence?

It is definitely NOT ok for me to just backup to Carbonite or any other big disk-farm. That is taboo, as it has been deemed 'too easy to hack'.

• Members

ambient wrote:

What I would love is a program that backs up the changes made to certain drives/folders but can also be rolled back to previous versions. buy also deletes more the further back on time it is, so as not to take up too much space.

Anyone know of any such software?

google is your friend... sorry, i am not up to date with good and free backupsoftware. my software was from the company and not cheap... it was also serverbased for unix and needs a second system server.

i dont like the client based stuff. but maybe tools like arcserver... dunno, google for free backup tools.

Archived