--=< aeon's strings >=--

aeon

• Members

His offer of converting them to PCG files can only be of benefit by making them easily accessable to alot of people.

Indeed, and this work is much appreciated. My only issue was that it was not my original samples being used. Thankfully, this has now been addressed. :)

cheers,

Ian

• Members

I'm curious, what does the size have to do with making such an assumption? Again, curious in asking this, not challenging.

Sure no problem.

A low frequency sound is slower than a higher frequency sounds, so there is a greater distance between the Zero points. Generally speaking everything waveform related increases in density with the pitch so higher pitch sounds can be looped far shorter than lower frequency sounds.

That's only one way to explain this though. There are a number of other factors that come into play here. Sampling it's is a huge topic and you could write a book on all this and still not include everything.

Synthetic vs Real World is also another subject as Synthetic can at times not conform to what I've explained above. But it's rare, and all your files being the same size is equally rare.

This leads me to think you downloaded the samples without reading the post associated with them, as it was explicit regarding looping decisions.

Correct, I don't always read every single word posted in a thread, I often scan through the text as I would imagine many people do when reading forums.

Had there been some engagement, dialogue, and understanding, this could have been avoided. No problem now though - this seems to have been resolved.

I'm glad your happy.

Understood, and your doing this work is surely appreciated by those who cannot, or would not.

Thank you, I only had good intentions at heart.

Most certainly yes, and I thank you for asking, and for the work you have done for Korg M3 users.

Thank you but I'm really sorry to say that all this has kind of knocked me back a bit and I would rather not touch the files at all now. I feel like you have put on the

• Members

You will need to assign these samples to a keymap and assign filter and amplitude envelopes so they properly play as "strings" would. Yea indeed, there is some programming work involved, minimal as it might be. That said, I hope you enjoy these samples and can put them to good use in your music.

These are one of the best "rompler style" strings i've ever heard in my life! And i played every rompler. They are so full of emotion, unique, and simply stunning. You know you gave me a hard task now, but you know i will fight back, with either JP-8 or OB-X strings. :)

Here is the version of Aeon strings for Kontakt users (click pic to download).

aeon.png

Of course, they will need to download your samples first from the link you posted, since i included only the instrument definition file and an empty directory to where the samples should be extracted.

Thank you for such a great product. (you should sell them... they're that good)

• Members

dear aeon, thanks for these beautiful samples!

I attached a simple, playable patch for Logic's EXS.

just put the samples into the 'aeon strings samples' folder and drag the whole lot into your local 'sampler instruments' folder, so Logic can find them.

cheers,

bernd

• Members

dear aeon, thanks for these beautiful samples!

I attached a simple, playable patch for Logic's EXS.

just put the samples into the 'aeon strings samples' folder and drag the whole lot into your local 'sampler instruments' folder, so Logic can find them.

Thanks so much, Bernd. I appreciate your work, and I hope the samples serve your music well.

cheers,

Ian

Archived