Question: Wireless, FCC rebates etc

ry1633

• Members

Hi all,

I have a Samson wireless from 2007 that I fear may be on the FCC frequency list that they took over.  I wonder about this because it's been making popping noises at gigs for the last several years.  Problem is I just found out about the FCC frequency recall very recently; somehow I completely missed those announcements when they first came out.  ugh!   What do I do?  What course(s) of action can I take?

-ryan

• Members

What frequency is your wireless on?  The FCC ban was on the frequency band from 698-802 MHz, if I remember correctly.  Most likely your Samson is in the now-banned frequency range, but there were some Samson channels that were not affected, a church I did a sound install in has six units and 4 of them are still legal and 2 arent.  So, get your frequency first.    If your wireless is in the banned frequency range, your only option is to either ditch wireless or to get a system that's in a legal frequency range to use.

• Members

It may be on the banned frequency list, but I'm checking it out.  What happens if I continue to use it anyway (if it is in fact a banned frequency)?   I mean I've been using it all along, and it's been three years past the FCC deadline for that.   Surely I'm not the only one this predicament?  :)

Archived