The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hi guys new to hcfx (not that new actually, been hanging ard reading posts for a long long time)...just got my account two weeks ago...TO ORDER A MKII FROM RICHARD!
:cool:
eagerly waiting for it
:thu:

Welcome!

You'll dig the MKII if you like Tone Bender flavored fuzz. :thu:

• Members

ArrrGH !

you bastids and your high almighty praise of monsterpiece!

I was hoping that my gas would fizzle out for a monsterpiece at least until after x-mas, but no ! i need to get one,

hopefully it can replace many of my other fuzz's which rotate thorugh my board on a weekly basis.

Got a few more custom questions for you duderanimous !
Along with the Bass switch (switching in + out caps for bass guitar voicing)

would it be possible to add a pot for Dying battery simulation? (ala Devi Ever / E13) or would this affect the tone/feel of the circuit?

Also would it be possible to pull a "ZVEX" and have a TWO HEADED MONS in the smaller hammond box ? i know it would be more work but im just curious.

Cheers ! i'll PM you soon about all this malarky

• Members

I have a two headed npn mk11 and it is awesome. The mk11 is always on overdriving my deluxe reverb slightly. The mk11 that Richard makes is the best fuzz I've played, its so responsive to your playing. I have a 3 headed on the way(angry dick, pnp, classic fuzz) and I cannot wait. The only fuzz I kept once I got my two headed was my fuzz probe(i sold about 25) which works very nicely in front of the mk11. In short if you like fuzz get a monsterpiece fuzz you won't be sorry.

• Members

I redid the clip I made of my Angry Dick, it was very poorly mixed:freak:

This one sounds a bit better but I will have to redo the whole thing to really get it sounding good. You can actually hear the fuzz now in this one. So this is the dead battery in the Angry Dick 2000, I actually took a close to dead 9 volt out of the smoke detector and put it into the AD side of the 3 head Monsterpiece................it sounds very cool me thinks:wave: (Telecaster was the geetar of choice)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=383900&content=songinfo&songID=5993341

what's a clip without a pic?

100_5463-1.jpg

• Members
yes, i really liked it.
:love:
i'm not really a blues guy like yourself, but i've begun to appreciate most kinds of music lately.

silver kiss for the rhythm part?

nah, the AD 2000 clip is justa clean amp model in my Garage Band, the Classic Monsterpiece clip has a Silver Kiss on the rhythm track:)

My Silver Kiss is leaving in the morning for a new home:thu:

• Members
nah, the AD 2000 clip is justa clean amp model in my Garage Band, the Classic Monsterpiece clip has a Silver Kiss on the rhythm track:)

My Silver Kiss is leaving in the morning for a new home:thu:

i see. it sounds really good btw. i really loved your classic clip. especially the outro. :cool:

• Members

I just received my Monsterpiece NPN and I'm completely blown away....

HOLY SH1T!!!! This thing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was expecting it to sound great but I had no idea. I went on a bit of a fuzz bender about a year ago and, after demo'ing quite a few Muff, Tone Bender, and Fuzz Face inspired pedals I came away with the general feeling that Tone Benders were what I preferred most. Still I ended up selling off all the fuzz pedals - I never really bonded with any of them.

Flash forward to October 2007: After reading many great comments about Monsterpiece fuzz pedals I placed an order with Richard for a MKII. I received it and found it suited me much better than fuzz pedals I'd used before. The MKII is outstanding!! I decided within days of receiving the MKII to order another Monsterpiece - this time a NPN. Well, the NPN just blew my mind! The MKII I have sounds amazing but the NPN is just exactly what I want in a fuzz pedal in every regard. None of the Fuzz Face type pedals I'd tried in the past appealed to me really but the NPN just flat-out ROCKS!! I'm not going to bother trying to describe it - fuzz is still a relatively new thing for me. I can say that the NPN does for me exactly what I wanted fuzz to do. It sounds right, it feels right, and it covers a lot of sonic territory. The Bias control on the NPN and MKII really widen their sonic range and, on the NPN, louder dynamics begin to gate - COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!! Wtih an Orange Squeezer compressor on in front of the NPN (Bias set full CCW) the signal gates heavy and the fuzz is so creamy!!!!!!! Also - the way it responds to guitar volume and tone changes is amazing (same goes for the MKII)!

I just spent about 2 hours with the NPN blowing the windows out of my house making unbelievably cool sounds with my guitar! I feel like a guitar GOD!!!!

In case it doesn't show I'm pretty excited about my Monsterpiece NPN. :)

As much as I love the MKII the NPN just completely replaced it. I am amazed with the tone and flexibility of both the MKII and the NPN - the NPN is just a perfect fit for me. Thanks again Richard!

• Members

I was expecting it to sound great but I had no idea. I went on a bit of a fuzz bender about a year ago and, after demo'ing quite a few Muff, Tone Bender, and Fuzz Face inspired pedals I came away with the general feeling that Tone Benders were what I preferred most. Still I ended up selling off all the fuzz pedals - I never really bonded with any of them.

Flash forward to October 2007: After reading many great comments about Monsterpiece fuzz pedals I placed an order with Richard for a MKII. I received it and found it suited me much better than fuzz pedals I'd used before. The MKII is outstanding!! I decided within days of receiving the MKII to order another Monsterpiece - this time a NPN. Well, the NPN just blew my mind! The MKII I have sounds amazing but the NPN is just exactly what I want in a fuzz pedal in every regard. None of the Fuzz Face type pedals I'd tried in the past appealed to me really but the NPN just flat-out ROCKS!! I'm not going to bother trying to describe it - fuzz is still a relatively new thing for me. I can say that the NPN does for me exactly what I wanted fuzz to do. It sounds right, it feels right, and it covers a lot of sonic territory. The Bias control on the NPN and MKII really widen their sonic range and, on the NPN, louder dynamics begin to gate - COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!! Wtih an Orange Squeezer compressor on in front of the NPN (Bias set full CCW) the signal gates heavy and the fuzz is so creamy!!!!!!! Also - the way it responds to guitar volume and tone changes is amazing (same goes for the MKII)!

I just spent about 2 hours with the NPN blowing the windows out of my house making unbelievably cool sounds with my guitar! I feel like a guitar GOD!!!!

In case it doesn't show I'm pretty excited about my Monsterpiece NPN.
:)

As much as I love the MKII the NPN just completely replaced it. I am amazed with the tone and flexibility of both the MKII and the NPN - the NPN is just a perfect fit for me. Thanks again Richard!

Testimonials like this aren't helping me to patiently wait for my PNP to arrive... :freak:

• Members

Holy hot damn!

I think as I was reading that my eyes turned into little NPN's, not unlike dollar signs on a crazed, money-hungry man's face.

Must get NPN, must get NPN fuzz....

You have anything to trade? I have an extra single NPN unit, I really don't need all of 'em:wave:

• Members

In case it doesn't show I'm pretty excited about my Monsterpiece NPN.
:)

Ummm... so you like it???

The NPN is MY personal go to pedal of all the Monsterpieces :D

• Members
:snax:
How about a family photo for Thanksgiving?

doodie!, yours is on the left... it's more subtle than the pink/surf green on your strat, but the color scheme is there.

Well, time to go into work for 4 hours, then off to the family thing for Thanksgiving, and then back home to work on pedals

familyphoto.jpg

:snax:

Archived