Ha! Best Deal Ever... In A Pedal Frame Of Mind...

Player99

• Members

So in 2001 I got a boutique pedal and it stopped working a few weeks ago. I called the builder. They said to go on their website and pay the fee to send it in. They said it was $30 but it came up $60. I phone back and they said just send it in, no cash up front.

When the pedal arrived the repair employee calls me with a few question, and has the thing repaired. I asked if they could put a resister or whatever in at the LED to help with the pop from the switch. He says he will ask the owner/original builder and call me back.

So he calls back and says when the owner saw my pedal, because it was so old and amongst the first ones made, he would trade me a new pedal which is now much better than the one I sent in, plus $100 USD cash. I felt bad taking the money but the employee said he would take the pedal and money and run...as the new pedal is much quieter, better, and has more knobs now. Plus he said the builder is a collecter, and would not take the pedal without paying me...

So it arrived a few days ago, went on my board, cheque went into my bank today. I got $103 for it.

Merry Christmas to me!

Archived