Explorer Posse II

Master of You

• Members
Originally posted by sean106alcon

Thanks man! I love explorers and am blessed with being able to find a away to get them here to the USA. They are all set necks and they only come from japan, not allowed in the USA. Thanks lovely Gibson!
:mad:

Hahah, yeah but what can we do about Gibson. To be fair, need away to make sure people in the US will buy theri products right;)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to be a huge gibson fan until I had swap all the pickups for EMG's, put in sperzels and black hardware. Hence why I like ESP, plus I found the attention to detail was much better on the ESP's.

Plus Gibson sues everybody and everybody. Glad PRS won that suit.

• Members

Originally posted by sean106alcon

I used to be a huge gibson fan until I had swap all the pickups for EMG's, put in sperzels and black hardware. Hence why I like ESP, plus I found the attention to detail was much better on the ESP's.

Plus Gibson sues everybody and everybody. Glad PRS won that suit.

+1

I still like some gibsons, but the one i like are the custom shops item which is too expensive for me

• Members

Originally posted by supa_scoopa

Here's mine. A 1984 Designers Series finish. Currently on the sale block. It spends too much time in it's case but damn just got it out for pics and it feels nice!!!

Looks nice:thu:

Never seen that kind of finish before

• Members
Originally posted by phatgirl

GMP XPLORER:

gmp.jpg

The picture does not do it justice. It is sweet.

Nice :thu:

I have been tempted a few times to get an explorer but i dont think i'd have the balls to play one out. I secretly just play it in my bedroom the whole time :D

I came close to getting an ESP explorer but i kept thinking everyone would be saying look at that James Hetfield wannabe :cry: so i just got a les paul instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Michael Stevens built this for me in 1997. Tom Holmes provided us with the last of the 7 string Nashville/bar stop sets which he had at one time made for the late (and sorely missed) Lenny Breau. The guitar is made from 3 pieces of wood and is a feather. Michael is known as the King of Korina and is considered to be the guy when it comes to original Vs and Explorers. This is a replica of a guitar that was never built. Check out the routes and the extended (past the neck pickup cavity) tenon.
133612094.jpg
133612143.jpg
133612145.jpg
133612130.jpg
133612087.jpg
133612064.jpg
133612056.jpg
133612019.jpg
133612074.jpg

Archived