Time spent w/my Dual Rectifier,..interesting findings.

Cibyl

• Members
Originally posted by StrykeBack

Finally had mesa boogie e-mail the schematic to switch my parallel effects loop to series so I can use my parametric eq and delays in the loop.

Any chance you might be able to post that schematic? :)

MJ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The 2-channel, IMHO, is far better than the 3-channel.

I have multiple years experience with both and it ain't evenb close.

Better sustain, easier harmonics, cuts through the mix, warmer sounding, etc.

But, doesn't it strike anyone as strange that it takes soooo long to find these hidden good tones. Probably my biggest beef with 3-channel variety...f*ck, you spend that much on an amp and it should dial itself in!

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

The 2-channel, IMHO, is far better than the 3-channel.

I have multiple years experience with both and it ain't evenb close.

Better sustain, easier harmonics, cuts through the mix, warmer sounding, etc.

But, doesn't it strike anyone as strange that it takes soooo long to find these hidden good tones. Probably my biggest beef with 3-channel variety...f*ck, you spend that much on an amp and it should dial itself in!

if you're just talking about the high gain 'recto signature' tone i'd say i agree with you

BUT the 3 channel offers better cleans, and more tones available, personally i think it's a pretty even trade overall...but everyones' tone needs are different

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

Thanks!

By having the gain so low (I have it around 1pm) can you still get the harmonic squeels and sustain???

Those are the two things I cannot seem to bring out of this map without having the gain a little higher and an SD1 pushing it...oh yeah, and I have an EQ in the loop too.

Couple of questions...

1) What guitar/pickups are you using?

2) How are you EQ'ing the amp from the loop?

I ask because I went through the exact same set of frustrations with my Road King early on. I now use an old (circa 1983) Boss GE-7 in the loop...always on. I slightly boost the 125, keep the 250 flat, emphasize the 400 & 800 sliders, then round off the rest. On the amp, I keep the bass under 11:00, the mids at noon, and the treble near zero. For solo's, I use Vintage High Gain/6L6's, Tube Recto, Bold. This gives me a nice, smooth lead tone...kind of chewy, but still good attack. I have little to no problem with sustain or harmonics. Oh, and I keep the gain around 1:00.

My guitar is a Les Paul with WCR Fillmores in it. (That has a lot to do with the harmonics, IMO.) I have guitars that actually are easier to play, but the Lester just sounds HUGE through the amp.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thread resurrection.

I just got a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 and my DR sounds pretty different with it (same EQ settings)....lead tone got more nasal, rhythm tone got smoother...hope I get time to experiment at the weekend.

(compared with the Mesa Recto OZ 2x12 I have)

Point of note - the Genz Benz I was using at 16Ohms and the Mesa is of course 8 Ohms

Archived