I think I'm going digital !

rockfish

• Members

I have a PODxt/floorboard that I use for different textures for recording. I used to use it for live some when I was in a rinky dink band that I really didn't care much about. It servered its purpose very well and was more than usable. The modelers have come a long way. But when it comes down to it, a good muliti-channel tube amp can't be beat IMO. I have a XTC and SLO and for whatever reason the Mesa 3 channel recto seems to be my go-to amp for my band. That amp really covers a lot of ground ONLY if set up right with the right CAB and SPEAKERS. The Mesa Standard cab with V30s and the bass set past 11:00 is a recipe for flub mud. If the Rocktron works for you go for it you can always sell it later if you don't like it. :)

Brent (aka Deamitri) ;)

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

You're also not going to do that very well with just one guitar, at least from my experience. If you want a one guitar / one amp setup that does all these sounds, and does them relatively well, it's going to be tough no matter what.

And what band plays all those songs at a gig anyway!
:)
I can't imagine people wanting to hear Bob Seger and Godsmack from the same band. Even if the singer could pull it off...I mean really, what band actually does that kind of thing.

My band is all over the map on types of songs. We go from Enter Sandman to Sweet Caroline and the crowds eat it up. Girls love that {censored} and that's where it's at my friend. Having done this I wouldn't go back to a one trick pony band again. I'd be bored out of my skull. I wasn't sure it would work and didn't want to screw our situation up cause we're booked a year in advance. {censored}, it made it better. We can't do all the gigs offered. Diversity....yes.

Archived