Like this sound? Short clip inside

Mrmot

• Members

Okay guys,

I need your info on this guitar sound, tell me how do you all like it.. It's a pretty short one, about 18sec, just some basic powerchord playing but i think that it sounds rather good, so please tell me if i'm fatigued or not :D

right click and "save target as"

powerchording

• Members

Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

normally i really hate v-amp recordings coz they have some ugly ass low mid thing going on, but for a v-amp this sounds pretty neat!

thanks! This is mostly progap with v-amps cab sims (4 tracks) and two tracks of pure v-amp2. you can check my other two v-amp recordings if you like, i think that v-amp is a really great piece of equipment, you just need to tweak it right.

• Members

Originally posted by Mrmot

hey, I like your sound and playing! that's a pretty nice song too! Here's one suggestion, try panning one guitar 100% left and the other 100

% right, that's a standard procedure and it gives best results.

Thanks for the advice. I

• Members

Originally posted by CyanJaguar

dude,

your sound rocks.

now I have to ask the question:

which do you prefer. pro gap or v-amp?

thanks cyan!

which one do i prefer? well, dunno, really. I don't like how neither of them sound when i connect them to the fx-return of my amp, guess i should try them both with a nice dedicated poweramp like 20/20..

when put direct to board i like them both, a lot. V-amp is more "tame" and pro gap is pretty brutal sounding, they both do their thing very nice. I haven't tweaked that much with the pro gap.. i just tweaked until i found something that was "acceptable", i guess the pro gap could be tweaked a lot more and i'll do that as soon as I got some more time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

MrMot: May I ask what kind of settings you use with v-amp when using only the cab sim of it?

From progap to v-amp's input, then do you turn off the whole preamp section of v-amp, or use some clean amp sim? And which speaker?

And how do you record from there, do you go from (balanced?) line outs or the head phones output?

I've been trying to learn to use my v-amp, but haven't yet found quite what I was looking for. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived