How come no one has mention AVENGED SEVENFOLD around here before?

reo73

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

anyone know why they wanted to change their genre from metalcore to like more powermetal influence(at least thats how i see it)? Personally I didnt like waking the fallen all that much. I dont really dig the singers style either but i liked his scream alot for some reason.

• Members

Originally posted by MSirrine

I work with Mudrock (their producer) and have talked with M. Shadows and out of his very own mouth he has said that he never ever injured his voice, had any sort of surgery on his voice or anything of the kind. Those are entirely rumors. He doesn't scream anymore because he chooses not to and the rest of the band wanted it that way as well. They are trying to vear from the metalcore scene as much as possible, thats all. I'm not trying to single you out, I know a lot of other people were repeating it too but I just wanted to let it be known what I've heard directly from the singer himself.

hmm..i am friends with a couple of members of the band and shadows has told me on more than one occasion that a doctor advised him that he would not be able to talk by the time he was 40 if he kept screaming. he never got specific into the blood vessel and things but the bottom line is his voice WAS getting injured from screaming, he CAN still scream (and he does live and a few times for texture on the new cd) and they DONT LIKE screaming any more or being labled as a screamo or a gothic kind of band.

• Members

Originally posted by nrarocks

The Ubershcalls sound even better live. I love their guitar tone.

yeah there live tone is just sick! it used to be very boomy and loose sounding but for their summer shows they have bought Mudrock with them to engineer their sound and they are sounding sick live. they also are putting on great shows now.

• Members

I seen them live, it was my younger kids first concert. They are his favorite band, and have become one of my favorites. Waken the Fallen rock. My favorite songs are #12, #4 #7, I never learn song names, just go thorugh on my cars CD player, it's like that with all bands.

Met the band after the gig and they all seemed pretty down to earth. Nice guys. Signed a buncha stuff for my kid, like the belt buckle I bought him, and the shirt he bought. They were pretty cool in my eyes, to hang with the kids after.

I told my kid "enjoy this now, enjoy being this close, because next time they come, they'll be at the coliseum." M Shadows chuckled and said thanks for the vote of confidence.

:D

Great buncha guys.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

Yup the singer blew his voice out and had to be completely trained/rehabbed. That's why they broke away from screamo......he can't do it any more. That's also why the other band members share in the singing now......I don't really care for the direction they've taken. My bass player loves it though...
:confused:

After hearing the single on the radio, I just listened to all the downloads offered on their site. The music kicks ass on all, but the new vocals are a HUGE step in the right direction.

• Members

My guitarist and I were flipping through channels and we came up on a video. It looked like Good Charlotte and sounded even worse, and we could not stop laughing. I totally figured it to be a joke. I thought it was a parody video for a humorous take on fashion-forward hardcore, but then it was real, and it was Avenged Sevenfold...and I haven't stopped clowning on them ever since.

Archived