Why are there no reviews on Krank amps on Harmony central

Kevin Pelletier

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

With the whole massive Ad campaign and list of pro endorsee's where the hell are all of the Krank owner's?????? I mean it's odd that with thesaturated advertising and such that there seem's to be hardly anyone here that own's one or has even played one as of yet and they have a bunch of dealer's to boot???????????????????????
:confused:
I just don't get it.

Derek:cool:

Maybe we have some Kloset Krank heads? Get a rope.

• Members
Originally posted by Kevin Pelletier

HHHMMMM... Thats very very interesting.... Anybody out there played one?

Tried the Revolution and IMO it was a crap amp. Even when cranked (Kranked? :rolleyes: ) it was grainy and weak sounding and the clean channel had a very hard character, not beautiful at all. The Orange Rockerverb heads next to the Revolution sounded 10 times better at any setting.

I think there are tons of much better sounding metal amps around, many of them cheaper too.

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

With the whole massive Ad campaign and list of pro endorsee's where the hell are all of the Krank owner's?????? I mean it's odd that with thesaturated advertising and such that there seem's to be hardly anyone here that own's one or has even played one as of yet and they have a bunch of dealer's to boot???????????????????????
:confused:
I just don't get it.

Derek:cool:

There must be some very potent company or something behind them. They're blowing out so much money, there's ads even here in Germany where you can hardly buy the amp. No small company has this kinds of $$$.

IMO we're seeing a massive and agressive approach to build up a hype around that brand so someone can make a lot of money with average amps...?!?!? Just a wild guess...

The obvious lack of actual users besides endorsees is... ummm... strange at best.

• Members

Saw a popular cover band were the guitarist had a Krank head. Didn't see his pedalboard though, I was drinking and dancing with girls. It sounded ok, but no better than many of the other offerings out there. FWIW I saw the guitarist playing with Ben Lee after the show and complimented his tone; he was playing through a tweed fender combo that I couldn't ID from the crowd. He was surprised since I don't even think he thought anyone would recognize him.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Tony Krank made his living modding Sovtek amps for years. I bet you the endorsees get the special circuit while the general public gets the mass-produced {censored} from China.

+1 --- this wouldn't surprise me in the least :(

• Members

I went with my brother recently to shop for a new amp for him. We know a local music store owner so we always go after hours to his shop so we can crank up the volume I brought my bass rig with me so we could see how they all worked with my tone. (I play an Eden Wt-800 trouhgh 2 4x10 Ampeg cabs) First up was a used Mesa single rec, the tone was good but it wasn't working well with my bass tone and my bro didn't dig the sag. Next up a Laney Vh-100, the clean was great, the drive channel sounded good and it really cut without burying the bass tone. Next a used 5150, this thing cooked with my bro's EMG loaded ESP's, real responsive a nice full response. And finally the Krank Krankenstein, the clean was OK, the drive channel just seemed thin and buzzy and had no cut over my bass. My bro was big time dissappointed as he is one of the biggest Dime freaks I know. He ended up buying hte used 5150 which will soon be on its way to jerryP for a little pick me up.

• Members

Originally posted by luker_X

Then Why is musiciansfriend, music123 and a host of

ebay sellers stocking them ??

Are they a bunch of F*ing Ig-Its ~~ ?

Dude, are you seriously taking availability for purchase as an indicator of quality?

Go open a can of STFU.

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide
I'm curious as to how much of the krank bashing is sheep following; yes their marketing department make a bad choice, but they are heavily advertised, and i don't see why everytime someone brings them up they get a bashing....."

Nevermore sounded great using Kranks when I went to Gigantour last weekend. From what I've read on HCAF I was expecting the worst when in fact they sounded really good. I don't play metal and tend to favor a little lower gain with more sag and bloom but for tight metal the Krank kicked ass. The leads sounded especially good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i know the guys from shadows fall have el34's in their revolution heads (they come with 6l6's) and told me they were 'hot-rodded' but i can't say if they had any mods other than the el34's...i know their lead guitarist (can't think of his name atm) said he really didn't like the stock one he got at first

they sounded great with them...i got to hear them during soundcheck and both on stage and thru FoH they sounded really good; altho it was odd, with my eyes closed i would've thought one guy had a dual recto and the other a 5150

• Members

I heard Dime's Krank and it was really really bad....sounded like Dime was playing out of his neck pickup with the tone knob turned to "0". I heard Jon Donais Krank and it sounded okay...much better than Dime's tone and I believe it's the same amp. I heard Mudvayne's tone right after Shadows Fall set and it blew Shadows away. I'd go with the Randall MTS (that's what Mudvayne was using on Ozzfest) before I'd look at Krank. It's more affordable.

Archived