PRIDE Fight..

Dramius

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

When you're fighting somebody as dangerous as Fedor, you have to be that cautious or you won't make it through the fight.

yeah, i know, guess mirko's just gonna have to train more.. that fedor is really a bad mofo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Mrmot

I also watched the fight (Fedor vs Mirko) and i also thought that mirko was gonna KO him, i agree with the one who said that mirko appeared to be too cautious, affraid not to do some wrong moves. If only if he managed to do some of his trademark left kick, i don't think that fedor would've stayed on his feet

+1

I also thought he was overly cautious. Since it was a championship fight, I thought Mirko would go all out... he did seem too restrained & cautious to me. The thing with Cro Cop is that it only takes one of his kicks to KO or knock down an opponent, and this is what he should've gone for instead on going the distance. I'm not taking anything away from Fedor, he's a great fighter and he has a tighter mat game, but he not as strong/fast a striker as Mirko. Anywho, I hope there's a rematch.

:D

• Members

Mother {censored}er,...I missed :(

I was Really looking forward to the Fedor/Mirko fight.

I don't think Mirko was ready for Fedor. You can't just go all out and swing for the fences with Fedor. As great a acclaimed as Fedor is,...He's still underrated sometimes. That guy is relaxed, skilled, and in control in All aspects of the fight. He can do everything. He doesn't always look pretty doing it. But he gets it done.

I predeicted Mirko doing one of two things;
-Going all out, and making a mistake that got him submited.
-Or being too cautious.

CroCop has started rounding out his game though. He's only gonna get better and Better. Can't wait to see a rematch down the road.

• Members
Originally posted by presa_tito

Yes that is his weakness even though he has a hell of a chin. There's also a lot of speculation about how he found god and it has changed the way he fights. UFC is going to make this fight happen with Rampage and Chuck again I think.

Best staredown ever!

silva_rampage_staredown.gif

Is that the one where Rampage starts smiling? The staredown with Sliva and Crocop is mint as well!

• Members

Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

Great fights!

Brazil's got a pretty damn promising new middleweight champ too, should be interesting...

Not quite, Shogun won the Gran Prix but the fights don't count toward the title so Silva actually retains the belt for now. What happened though should hopefully set up some good matches now though to give Shogun a shot at the belt, against his own Chute Box teammate. That should be interesting to see.

• Members

Originally posted by gibson5413

Is that the one where Rampage starts smiling? The staredown with Sliva and Crocop is mint as well!

It was from Silva/Jackson 1 and they really hated each other then. He was smiling for the 2nd one, which he did extremely well in and would have one had Silva not been saved by the bell at the end of the 1st round. That's part of fighting though I guess.

I'll also have to disagree a bit with the Fedor/Cro Cop fight. Cro Cop played it very well and was throwing enough high kicks. He even almost took his head of a few times, but Fedor just ducked and got grazed to open that little cut. Fedor is just too damn good. Nobody can do as well as Cro Cop even. Also, Cro Cop gassed from all that clinching and eating bombs in the face. He was extremely hard to get down the whole time. Fedor goes for upper body throws which work better on Mirko because he sprawls out of most leg shoots. Still, he was hard to get down.

• Members

Fedor Just impresses the hell outa me! Not only did he come back from that suplex Randlman gave him, he seems to do that a lot! There was the fight with Coleman, not as drastic, but he was in a compromising position, reversed it & won. The fight with Fujita where he got thrown, rocked by a heavy right, but instinct prevailed, he tied him up & eventually choked him out! Nobodys perfect, theres always a moment where the best go down, but damn; Fedor hasnt yet!

BTW, I think this YELLOW-CARD thing is gettin stupid, theyre finding excuses to toss one in even when there IS some decent action, so what if its on the ground! They just like docking their pay!

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

Anybody see the suplex slam he endured from Kevin Randleman? Just getting up after something like that is testimony to the fact that he's a freak of nature, but then he went on to take Randleman out. Bizarre...

Oh man, I saw that. That's the kind of thing you watch again and wonder how nobody was paralyzed. Fedor's the absolute KING of reversals. Some of the things I've seen him come out of blow my mind.

• Members
Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

NVCREATIONS: go to
www.subfighter.com
and sign up for a free account. Lots of fight clips and I believe theres a clip of the Quinton Jackson / Liddell fight.

No offense, I love all MMA, but Pride has the best fighters. UFC brought MMA more into the mainstream though, and I give them lots of credit for that. As long as the reality TV drama machine doesnt cheapen the sport. Its probably inevitable though...

thanks for the link, gonna check it out now!

• Members

Ok, I finally got the link up. It was a bitch because I had to try it about 3 times before it worked. Rehost it when it's done.

Chuck and Rampage:

I know some people are going to want to see this. Use the link up berore it expires. It's worth it.

• Members

Originally posted by CatsGoMoo

Oh man, I saw that. That's the kind of thing you watch again and wonder how nobody was paralyzed. Fedor's the absolute KING of reversals. Some of the things I've seen him come out of blow my mind.

Yeah, when it's a 140 lb guy getting slammed like that you wonder how he didn't end up hurt, when he's 100 lbs heavier, it's just freakish.

• Members

Still, nobody has given feedback on the yousendit Liddel/Rampage fight on here. I can't believe nobody want to watch this war.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson did just that. He went on a bloody rampage. He did a great job of tiring Liddel out with a ton of body work. Jackson got in a few really fierce headshots at the beginning, and Liddel was off kilter for the rest of the match.

Those last 20 seconds or so were EXCRUTIATING to watch. Owwww. That's a whole 'nother world of pain that I wouldn't wanna be in.

Archived