First go at recording in a while - VAmp Pro Symphony X Clip

AgentOrange

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I think you did a cracking Job all around James. The tone didnt bother me at all( maybe a little more high end?) but seriously , for what youre doing, it sounded fine. Great playing as well, keep kickin ass little bro!!!

Kage

thanks dude! I was a bit afraid to put any more high end on becuase i know how these gaming speakers can give a false image of how everythings sounding, but ill try a little more next time.

I guess ill crack on with the meshuggah piece and see how that comes out, of course being in Ab, i have to be a little more careful to avoid any mud in the tone

Thanks for listening

James

• Members

hey man, that's some pretty nice playing, way ahead of me for sure...
the tone is pretty good too, maybe lower the reverb, add some more mids, lower the bass, and do two tracks (hard-panned, same or different patch on both tracks, i prefer different ;) )
you can check my v-amp2 clips in my sig if you like :)

• Members
Originally posted by Mrmot

hey man, that's some pretty nice playing, way ahead of me for sure...

the tone is pretty good too, maybe lower the reverb, add some more mids, lower the bass, and do two tracks (hard-panned, same or different patch on both tracks, i prefer different
;)
)

you can check my v-amp2 clips in my sig if you like
:)

i like your clips man, yours sound a lot more full and 'in your face' than mine. Did you do anything special in the recording or post processing phase?

James

• Members
Originally posted by AgentOrange

i like your clips man, yours sound a lot more full and 'in your face' than mine. Did you do anything special in the recording or post processing phase?

James

thanks, glad you like it.
afair, to the guitars - no. i think they only have slight limiter or compressor on them, but really slight. I just tweaked the v-amp till i found something that i liked and that was without mud.
One advice for doing more "in your face" sound - record one guitar and pan it 100% (or slightly less) to one side, then record the exact same riff and pan this one again, 100% but to the other side.
You can play it only once and copy it with a slight delay (approx 20ms) but i myself prefer playing it twice, its the slight imperfections in playing that make it sound good or interesting or whatever imho ;)
Also, layering gives much to the fulliness of the sound
hope i could help

• Members
Originally posted by Mrmot

thanks, glad you like it.

afair, to the guitars - no. i think they only have slight limiter or compressor on them, but really slight. I just tweaked the v-amp till i found something that i liked and that was without mud.

One advice for doing more "in your face" sound - record one guitar and pan it 100% (or slightly less) to one side, then record the exact same riff and pan this one again, 100% but to the other side.

You can play it only once and copy it with a slight delay (approx 20ms) but i myself prefer playing it twice, its the slight imperfections in playing that make it sound good or interesting or whatever imho
;)
Also, layering gives much to the fulliness of the sound

hope i could help

well i tried panning hard left and right last night and it didnt sound quite right to me, but ill have another go later on when i come back from the pub if im in any state to record! I think the key thing is getting the levels as high as they can go without clipping and they seem a little bit low in my clip compared to yours, so ill toy with it later

Thanks!

James

Archived