ENGL SE EL34 Clip's - Rolling Stones Cover and Original's!!!!!

DerekB

• Members

Here are a few samples of the Engl SE recorded by one of my customer's Ari from the band "Destrophy". These samples are from their new CD "Prayer" which Ari produced and recorded himself in his studio. I just put together a few samples in 1 clip and you can hear it here....

http://www.musicv2.com/mp3_request.m3u?m=download&id=14850&url=/bank/kwodia3/491_Destrophy.mp3

I think he did a kickass job and you can hear influences from Meshuggah to Korn to Slipknot etc!!! Thanks Ari.

If you prefer to hear it streamed you can go here http://www.musicv2.com/artist/rocksolidamps and scroll to the bottom. The clip is titles Engl SE - Destrophy.

Derek:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

Dude!!

that freaking kills!!!

I not only love the Engl but I love the music! This guy rocks!!!

~R~

Right on Ralph and thanks for checking it out!!! Talk to you soon brother.

• Members

Originally posted by flyangus

That sounds fantastic! Awesome heavy guitar sound and singing too - great.

I'm pleased I have an SE;)

Derek, do you know what cab was used and the settings on the amp by any chance?

I'll have to get back with him regarding the Cabinet cause I forgot to ask him last night when I spoke to him.I'm also not sure about the setting's but I'll find that out too and post them. He did tell me that the recording is all Engl SE and he boosted the 1.5k frequency a touch with an EQ

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

I'll have to get back with him regarding the Cabinet cause I forgot to ask him last night when I spoke to him.I'm also not sure about the setting's but I'll find that out too and post them. He did tell me that the recording is all Engl SE and he boosted the 1.5k frequency a touch with an EQ

Thanks Derek,

It sounds excellent, I don't normally go for this sort of stuff but the guitar tones are heavy as f**k! Can you get the CD online?

• Members
Originally posted by flyangus

Thanks Derek,

It sounds excellent, I don't normally go for this sort of stuff but the guitar tones are heavy as f**k! Can you get the CD online?

I hear ya and I'mmore into the Death Metal style myself but there's no denying this recording sound's HUGE. Go to the website to check on how to get the CD www.destrophy.com

Regards,
Derek

• Members

Right on Ralph and thanks for checking it out!!! Talk to you soon brother.

Absolutely Derek!!

BTW, My firend is comming over soon to check out my powerball. If he digs it, (which I am sure he will!) you will be getting a call from him to place an order!

I was trying to convince him into getting the SE but he is not a tweeker and wont use all of its features!

Maybe I'll sell him my powerball and I'll use the money for the SE :D:D What do the SE's go for these days?

Ralph

• Members
Originally posted by gainfreak

Absolutely Derek!!

BTW, My firend is comming over soon to check out my powerball. If he digs it, (which I am sure he will!) you will be getting a call from him to place an order!

I was trying to convince him into getting the SE but he is not a tweeker and wont use all of its features!

Maybe I'll sell him my powerball and I'll use the money for the SE
:D
:D What do the SE's go for these days?

Ralph

Cool!! The SE goes for $3519 shipped.

• Members

I hear ya and I'mmore into the Death Metal style myself but there's no denying this recording sound's HUGE. Go to the website to check on how to get the CD
www.destrophy.com

Regards,

Derek

I agree:)

When you speak to the guy, tell him I tried to order the CD but there was no option for adding $5 for international shipping at the checkout.

:cool:

• Members

Derek, is your site rocksolidamps down? I cant connect to it at the moment.

Thanks.

Derek I want to know your honest opinion on how you think a ENGL SE and a Herbert side by side with their own Uberkabs would sound. What i mean i both playing at the same time, without trying a SE before i'm thinking it could be some real heavy shiznit!!

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by tool music

Derek, is your site rocksolidamps down? I cant connect to it at the moment.

Thanks.

Derek I want to know your honest opinion on how you think a ENGL SE and a Herbert side by side with their own Uberkabs would sound. What i mean i both playing at the same time, without trying a SE before i'm thinking it could be some real heavy shiznit!!

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Chris

EDIT :- I* read your question wrong.

I'm sure it would sound incredible without a doubt.

• Members

Here's the Gear used and the Setting's that Ari just sent to me.

"Guitar: Ibanez RG7421XL with EMG 707 pickups. Amp: Engl SE with EL34s: Channel 3 hi gain with mid edge, normal and ultra bright, depth boost, and lo power switches engaged. FX- Boss GT5 in serial = effects loop. Recorded with Marshall 4x12 (Vintage 30's) to SM57 into Presonus Digimax with Logic Pro (MOTU audio interface).From the "Pray EP", released 2005- available at: http://www.destrophy.com"

Archived