Info on Soldanos was right

keith335

• Members

Your point is well made. I've made my mind up that I'm not going to pay but so much for any of this stuff. Gibson thinks some of there guitars are worth what a good late model used car cost. Some of the boutique amps are tooo high. 4,000 for an amp?

I tried an Avenger and found it to be too compressed. I wanted the HR50 because I only need one chanel and I thought it would be more like the slo. If I have to settle for an Avenger I'll get the 100 wat one. the amp gets tons of gain at low volumes. there really is no rationale for a 50 wat avenger. I don't want the hr50 two chanel amp it is too high priced. Amps in my range are Shiva, Avenger, Flexi, Stiletto etc. Maybe a fuchs supreme overdrive

• Members

Damnit, now it'll be harder for me to find a HR 50 at a decent price:(. I hope news about this does not get out, you no how ebayer's like to take every chance they can get (even if its long shot, i.e. 5150 Block Letter vs. signature) to raise their price alot. Now the HR-50 will be known as "rare" and "vintage" on ebay.

• Members

Originally posted by DannyM

I like the info that I read the other day that stated that the Avenger is getting a FX Loop. I didnt like that they are changing the face of the Avenger......I like the way it looked.

Where did you read this at?

I am now VERY interested in that 50 watt Avenger.

I miss my Avenger so much.

• Members

Originally posted by TU BE

Where did you read this at?

I am now VERY interested in that 50 watt Avenger.

I miss my Avenger so much.

That was my post earlier about the Avengers. I talked to Bill and Sean at Soldano... All new Avengers will have an effects loop and they are changing the tube heaters so that amp is quieter. Will be a couple weeks before they;re available. They will also have grills like this.... older alluminum grills were all polished and sanded by Mike Soldano himself and taking about 3-4 hours per grill. Costing way too much money...

Bryan

• Members

Originally posted by griffstrat

That was my post earlier about the Avengers. I talked to Bill and Sean at Soldano... All new Avengers will have an effects loop and they are changing the tube heaters so that amp is quieter. Will be a couple weeks before they;re available. They will also have grills like this.... older alluminum grills were all polished and sanded by Mike Soldano himself and taking about 3-4 hours per grill. Costing way too much money...

Bryan

Damn, I like that alot more than the original ones:D. I really didn't dig the horizontal chrome bars on the original.

Archived