for those of you who don't play out Traynor blue

keith335

• Members

I've gone the whole way and am getting JCM800 with 4x12 cabinet; however, I've considering of getting a Traynor blue 50 watt amp and toneing it down a bit while still hanging on to the big rig. Those of you who have retired from playing out or who just don't choose to anymore, have you relegated yourself to a much smaller rig. Have you been able to adjust to a 2x12 or even 1x12 speaker set up. The Traynor has a celestion, 50 watts and a boost. It seems like most of the people whom I see post are content not to always use the big rig.

• Members

I thought I might get that. Does anyone have the Traynor blue? Does it do an adequate job. Could you get by with just this if you don't play with a band. I tried using a vox ad30vt, loved it but I needed more. Now I've got a classic 50. while loud enough it just doesn't get enough gain for me. It would seem that the Traynor has enough gain, volume for home. Secondly, I'm wondering how the players who have decided to get rid of the big rigs are doing with 2x12 or smaller combo amps. It seems to me that a trend has been developing of down sizing especially when it comes to recording.

• Members

I've got one. The only thing I miss is the openess of a cabinet. The 1x12 sounds boxy to me. Pluged it into a 4x12 cab and it wails. I bought it for small venues, I always mic up anyway, but I can't get past the small sound.

Archived