OT SPAM:Dual recto rackmount FS/T

Stratotone

• Members

Testing the waters... amp is super clean, works great, sounds even better.

solorack.jpg

I love it, and the lead channel burns the JSX, but I need three channels and the JSX seems to like my effects better. I don't have to sell it/trade it, but I'm checking out my options. I really doubt I'm going to use it that much if the JSX works out well enough for live use.

email okstrat@cox.net with offers or trades. yeah, I know what this is worth, so lowballers will be shunned. Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

Not to hijack or kick tires, but what are they going for these days? I just found one that is lower than what I recall them going for
:confused:

MJ

When I bought it, one sold on ebay for just over $1600. Not sure now... the price fluctuates. funny thing is, there aren't going to be any more 2 channel dual rectos, and sure won't be any more of these. I don't think Mesa built very many at all.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by megaboogie

I'm just curious, do they usually go higher than a head version?

I think I heard rackmount version sounding better.

Yeah, they generally sell for quite a bit more than the 2 or 3 channel versions. The rackmount ones have always sounded better to me. I've heard because of the smaller space they had to be wired more carefully, I have no idea... I do know they sound great.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

Yeah, generally speaking they fetch for a good couple hundred more, especially the black diamondplate/chrome chassis ones. I just saw a chrome diamondplate/chrome chassis one...kinda looked weird
:p

MJ

Yeah black plate looks much better to me, too.

I don't know why Mesa doesn't make the head version with a black plate any more, either.

Archived