amp is playing radio........

mick8569

• Members

my fender roc pro 1000 (100watt part tube amp) started playin radio last nite, wost of all it was playing john law....have to be aussie to appreciate how painful that is.

anyway im pretty cut, is my amp fuked? any idea whats causing it? i had some real nasty feedback a bit before from muckin roudn wtih a pod :( and i also started gettin some real nasty crackles that seemed to be localised to a few notes...... i dunno if that has something to do with a {censored}ed speaker not handling that frequency?

any suggested causes/solutions would be greatly appreciated

• Members

try plugging into a different outlet in a different room of your house, a lot of times radio stations are due to poor grounding or just plain wierd luck with the position of your amp. Also, it could be your guitar or guitar cable that's picking up the station. As for the other stuff, I'd be surprised if the pod had messed up your amp for real, other than possibly damaging a speaker, but it still seems kinda unlikely. you said the amp was part tube? I'm guessing pre-amp tube with solid state power section, and if that's the case try swapping out the preamp tube, it could be that that's causeing the crackling. good luck!

Archived