How many of you have spontaneous approach to the music composing (instant improvise!)

AnalogGuy

• Members

My own approach to compose music is almost totally spontaneous... in other word, just improvisation and then some dubs and "fine tuning" in sound quality.

I like to make music in this way because everytime you improvise, you never know in advance what the song would be... and everytime the song is totally different! I can describe it as painting... I am very sure that you cannot paint exact clones at all!

About making music in a sponteneous way, please check these video examples of my favourite artist:

[YOUTUBE]CRO8BT6o8Us&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

:thu:

[YOUTUBE]savWMxRIlak[/YOUTUBE]

:cool::cool::cool:

[YOUTUBE]vVcN_LciCWA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lSUuW3ZhRmY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Ta0cy6BRjzo[/YOUTUBE]

Althought there is some other spontaneous artists, like Klaus Schulz... but I am very sure that Vangelis is maybe the only artist that can make movie scores just by improvising...

Tell me what do you think :cool:

and please see my own spontaneous compositions:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/analogy.106176.php

(don't worry about it's not english... I titled each song in english and every song have download button and that's enough.)

I am wondering now are there any other sponateous guys/girls too in here???

• Members

Damn it!!! How I couldn't remember posting this earlier... :facepalm: Sorry for making double threads... I just should have bumped that previous.

Anyway, maybe this is better now to concentrate of my own songs... please add comments and critics of them...

• Members

Being able to be spontaneous is very good. However, if you dont also think in terms of structure, theme, etc you also lose the ability to replay a song. Doing ad lib is also good for inspiration. But music peices also need a outline to follow as well imo. If your stuff cant be played along with by othber musicians in at least a 2-3 person band setting live or in rehersal, then your just doing mindless noodling imo. That can be useful at times for inspiration and discovering new things. But seldom works in the area of being succusful musician/ A very few bands have used lot of ad lib in their shows, however that only works when the musicians are able to sync together very very well. Imo. Constructing peices with basic outline and leaving room for lotsa adlib within that outline is one thing. Having no outline and just playing to surprise yourself all the time isnt good unless your just regarding yourself as a very casual hobby musician with no desire to be able to recreate your own music peices that you really like.

Archived