Help me pick my amp.

Rocksinyourhead

• Members

Im looking to buy an amp for under $750. I play mostly all types of music. Rock, britrock, indie, funk,country and a little jazz and blues. I play small live gigs and record alot. I play a fender coronado 2 , through 6 pedals.

Ive had a traynor and didnt like it.

I think I need a nice tube amp.

I was checking out some of those gibson amps. are they worth it ? I dont mind buying used.

Does anyone have any ideas.

• Members

Are you looking to buy new or used? I believe your budget takes you to just under the new price of a Mesa F-30. If you're buying used, you would also be able to consider the F-30's bigger brother, the F-50 and maybe even the F-100.

Both the F-30 and the F-50 will fantastically meet your requirements. They are pedal friendly, and have one of the best clean channels ever from Boogie. What's more they contain a stunning range of distortions, both vintage and modern, from light break up through all flavours of rock right through to metal tones worthy of a Mesa Rectifier.

I highly recommend adding them to your audition list - you may be interested in checking out the clips I have in my sig of my F-50 widebody combo. :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

I'd look for a used Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. This amp should work great for most of the music you are into. I recently found one for $500. With your budget that would allow for a speaker and tube upgrade than many people like, but which are certainly not necessary.

• Members

I've been in love with my new-to-me Roland JC-120. I use it for my clean amp. And it has got to be the cleanest amp i've ever played. The distortion doesn't even distort the tone, that's how clean it is. Best chorus i've ever heard too. And its solid state, which was a big suprise to me. I snagged it from a guy for $350. Lucky me. Highly recommended.

Archived