• Last Reply
  • Members

Very nice Analogholic!
:cool:

mks-80.jpg

Did it come with the programmer?

Thanks man,

Unfortunately not...

But I have an old Peavey PC-1600 faderbox (dead at the moment due to battery leakage) which has MKS-80 templates

Anyone know of a good softwareprogrammer?

• Members
Nice one. Ive been tempted a number of times to snag an X-Station. Paired with a Netbook, it would almost be the ideal doodle pad for when you are away from home. The only thing that always puts me off, it the lack of multitimbral feature and no drum maps/sounds. Seems a glaring omission considering its target audience. I actualy really like its sound, as I did the K-Stations.
:cool:

BTW, theres a Q out there somewhere with your name on it Tropicthink! ....its only a matter of time
:lol:

Haha, you know, I have to confess something: I've actually taken this synth with me to bed. Ahem. Yes. With the laptop. It's quite an addictive little thing, and I was dead tired but still wanted to play it, and so... Well.

Anyway, it IS quite ideal for that sort of thing. And the sound isn't bad at all. I just think the Nova series were better. They sound a little fatter to me, and I miss my little Nova laptop.

And thanks. Yes, I WILL HAVE TEH Q!!! :mad:

• Members

I think the Xstation is underrated as a synth, probably because it is not multi-timbral. Still, it is really knobby, has a nice VA sound and built-in effects that are perfectly serviceable.

I agree, although, as I mentioned, I liked the Nova family better. And I don't care for the reverb on this thing (that wasn't great on ANY Novation synth, though). What I really like about it is that it's so fast and simple to use. It's splendid. They should make more synths like this.

Archived