vox ac15

treacherous_abe

• Members

my band frequented a practice space the other day, and i had my first chance to play on a vox ac15 - it pretty much sounded exactly like what i'm looking for. nothing close to "brutal" distortion, and that's not what i'm interested in. it was surprisingly loud for 15 watts, but a couple of things make me a little concerned about it - it was a small room, and it might get 'lost' in a bigger space. also, i had the volume and master both at around 2 o'clock, and it got pretty hot; i'm not interested in an amp that sounds great but i'm going to blow up all the time (though, maybe it'd be fine to run it like that all the time. anyone with experience on that?)

anyway, if i love the ac15, what else should i look at that sounds simliar but that's maybe a little bit louder? i guess the ac30 is the obvious answer, but by all accounts it's ridiculously loud (so i couldn't crank it like the ac15), and has severe reliability issues (the ac30cc's seem a bit like communism - great in theory but with very poor execution).

so, does anyone have any suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by GasMask

You Really should check out a Top Hat club royal:

Exceptional quality. Basically a new better AC-15. Also, you can get it with either one or two speakers, so that might solve your volume issue. Highly recommended for somebody looking for an AC-15 type amp.

this man has it down.

Archived