Rivera Pubster or Clubster

poosis

• Members

Anyone tried out either of these amps? I'm looking for a small combo and the 22w versions of these interest me.

I won't get a chance to try one until my next trip to London though (next month probably) and wondered if anyone here had tried them/owned one?

• Members

I've yeah I've got a Cornell combo, and a 20W plexi head - love them - although niether are an all in one package like the Riveras. Didn't I post you some clips a while back?

Can't remember now - I'm pretty settled really, these amps are cool, small and loud enough cranked up and if I need any more variation I'll stick a pedal in the chain. I think getting a good, basic amp tone is the first thing - all the switching options and stuff sound good but I never seem to get the best out of things like that, for some reason.

• Members

Originally posted by JimH

I've yeah I've got a Cornell combo, and a 20W plexi head - love them - although niether are an all in one package like the Riveras. Didn't I post you some clips a while back?

Can't remember now - I'm pretty settled really, these amps are cool, small and loud enough cranked up and if I need any more variation I'll stick a pedal in the chain. I think getting a good, basic amp tone is the first thing - all the switching options and stuff sound good but I never seem to get the best out of things like that, for some reason.

Yup, you did post some clips, sounded very nice indeed. I particularly liked the sound of the plexi.

I agree on the switching options - think I'll look for something relatively simple this time.

Anyway, I've got the day off work today and am about to spend it trawling some guitar shops for ideas. Got a nice bonus from work that desrves to be spent on some new geetar stuff!

• Members

I had a clubster 25. Killer amp with great tones on both channels. I traded up for a Clubster 45 because I needed more clean headroom with humbuckers on the clean channel. Outside of that, I loved the amp. It was incredible sounding with my Strat and my LP-ish guitar. If I didn't need more clean volume I'd still have the amp. Plus Rivera's are reknown fro the dependability of their products, so you know the amp will last for years. The clean on the Clubster 25 is VERY Fenderish...

Dave

• Members

Originally posted by poosis

Anyone tried out either of these amps? I'm looking for a small combo and the 22w versions of these interest me.

I won't get a chance to try one until my next trip to London though (next month probably) and wondered if anyone here had tried them/owned one?

There is a shop down the street that has them. I have tried them and like them. They are small, light weight and sound great. The seem a little on the pricey side however. If you can find one where you are, I would check out a used Rivera R30, they sound a little better and can be had for about $550 US used. They do weigh a little more.

• Members

Thanks guys.

As it happens, I found Clubster 25 today by complete accident in a shop in Glasgow.

Seemed really nice - clean was exceptional. The drive channel was nice but a little fizzy on some settings - I think it would have filled out a lot with a bit more volume.

In summary - it was pretty much exactly what I am looking for - small, light, great tone. I am considering buying one, but they are a bit expensive (especially here in the UK).

Yourguitarhero - I saw that VHT today. Looked nice but I didn't try it. It was

• Members

Clubster 45 Hands down. More headroom, a stand by switch, and an EQ for the clean channel. its two totally independent channels. Its only a few hundred more for an better amp IMO. Even if you go for the 25 I would STILL go clubster route. I havent gotten mine yet, its due in within the week. I CANT WAIT!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Brinkmanship

Clubster 45 Hands down. More headroom, a stand by switch, and an EQ for the clean channel. its two totally independent channels. Its only a few hundred more for an better amp IMO. Even if you go for the 25 I would STILL go clubster route. I havent gotten mine yet, its due in within the week. I CANT WAIT!!!!

Thanks for that - it was the Clubster I tried today and would probably go that route over the Pubster.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I can see myself buying one soon!

• Members

Originally posted by poosis

Thanks for that - it was the Clubster I tried today and would probably go that route over the Pubster.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I can see myself buying one soon!

No problem man. Its hard to get any info around here about riveras, they are a non issue, its seems. Riveras are the BEST amps I have ever played through, and the clubster is the best deal. I would buy a clubster 45 simply for the stand by switch, it will save its cost in tubes over the years just by having it. I loved the clubster I played through so much I ordred a Clubster and a Fandango. I should have the fandango in two more weeks, and the clubster is due in any day now. TOTALLY worth every cent.

• Members

Originally posted by Brinkmanship

I would agree - if you can afford the extra cash get the 45. The 25 is a bit more Fenderish on the clean channel, but with the bright switch the 45 gets really close. And the overdrive channel is really, really nice sounding. And all that weighting LESS than 40 lbs.....that is what really sold me - tone for days and easy to carry.

I'm too old for 75 Lb amps....

• Members

I liked them alot but stumbled on a used R55 12 for less money. More amp, less money, Rivera build (not worried about it). If I didn't find the R I would have done the Clubster 45. Nice set up. Good luck with your choice.

Archived