I think I want a more classic Marshall sound...anybody selling/trading?

ratter

• Members

Ratter, after hearing that clip. If I were you I don't think I could get rid of that amp.:( I understand completely why you would want to nail that Plankton tone, but that tone you've got is not far off at all(especially with the fuzz). To me the real strong point to the Buddas is the "inbetween" moderate gain tones are so good and pretty close to a vintage Plexi tone while still having all that gain on tap to really go over the top. It would be hard for me to give up an SD80.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by yngzaklynch

Mike you without a Budda is like me without the BC Rich... {censored} just ain't right. But I think you've considered it enough to warrent trying another amp or two. If you find that you were happier with the Budda you can always get another. Just my 2 cents but then again I'm all over the map when it comes to amps myself. I think I've owned the Mk IV longer than any other amp in the past 3 years LOL
:D

lol...I know, I think I musta caused a rip in the space-time continuum just mentioning selling it. Even Scott, the sickboy himself, emailed me to ask me WTF. :D

I got the amp in, I belive, May of 2002. That's like 36 years ago in HCAF years!

We'll see...it'll be a gametime decision. And like you said, it wouldn't be hard to find another one. And the prices are still very sane, used.

• Members
Originally posted by LarryJ48

Ratter, after hearing that clip. If I were you I don't think I could get rid of that amp.
:(
I understand completely why you would want to nail that Plankton tone, but that tone you've got is not far off at all(especially with the fuzz). To me the real strong point to the Buddas is the "inbetween" moderate gain tones are so good and pretty close to a vintage Plexi tone while still having all that gain on tap to really go over the top. It would be hard for me to give up an SD80.

Man, I know. The clip didn't come out so hot, but I dialed up that last tone and was like...wait, what am I thinking?? It isn't the Plankton tone, but it is TONE, for sure. But I do have the itch, so we'll see. It hasn't generated much interest, to be honest, so it'll be a moot point if I CAN'T unload it. But that wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I'd still have the best tone within at LEAST a 500-yd radius. ;)

Archived